U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:35 AM

6 posts, read 29,967 times

Advertisements

Well that's definitely good news, thanks! I don't forsee the price of oil per barrel dropping by an additional $10 dollars any time soon! Thanks James!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 10:48 AM

431 posts, read 839,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mute78 View Post
Well that's definitely good news, thanks! I don't forsee the price of oil per barrel dropping by an additional $10 dollars any time soon! Thanks James!
Are you sure? You just never know.

The CNN Wire: Latest updates on top stories Blog Archive - Oil falls below $38 - OPEC cut ignored - Blogs from CNN.com (http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/18/oil-falls-below-38-opec-cut-ignored/ - broken link)

Old 12-24-2008, 09:54 AM

5 posts, read 14,120 times
Mute, Are you planning to work in the factory,engineer,IT,software or business side of HP?
Do you know which building?

Old 12-26-2008, 11:28 PM

579 posts, read 809,200 times
My current boss (engineering manager) was in the same type of management over there. According to him, there is a really bad morale problem at HP here because of the way belt tightening has been executed here. For example, when Carly and friends took over, managers had a requirement to get rid of a given quota of people every year and so were forced to give bad performance reviews, even when everyone on the team was stellar in performance. Also as this was formerly Compaq, benefits were cut here but not at other HP locations. Other various rules were put in place here that were different from other parts of the company, to the relative detriment of workers in Houston. Put it this way: my boss, who I really like, was there for a couple of decades, and he isn't now -- for good reasons.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 PM

8 posts, read 26,073 times
I've worked at Compaq/HP for 18 years. Lately, lots of benefit reductions, no raises in the last several years, and continual layoffs. Many jobs being off-shored to India and China. If you do accept the position, I recommend negotiating the highest starting salary possible, as merit raises will be hard to come by regardless of performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston