U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 09:46 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,913,574 times

Advertisements

There isn't a PACU, well, not literally, it was just figuratively since I'd been gone awhile, I needed some post-banning recovery time before I could come back fully LOL!!

I was kind of a bad girl in another thread a couple of weeks back...ah, I think I called someone stupid in some randomly condescending way several times...and I was punished...justly, as I can't learn to keep my mouth shut!! Sometimes it's just too tempting. I took my lumps and here I am.

Havana is still with us. We are hoping to find her a home soon. She is in no danger of going to a kill shelter before that time, she will stay with us as long as it takes, though the rules are different since the bite.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 08:01 AM

3 posts, read 11,710 times
my daughter works for dr. arem. He really is a VERY good Dr.. We know hard difficult it is to find those nowa days.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM

4,751 posts, read 12,117,951 times
I don't know the doctor but having worked in several hospitals in my career, I am in complete sympathy with doctors who decide to opt out of the health insurance mess and work on a fee-for-service basis. These are doctors who don't want to employ a staff to spend hours fighting with administrative clerks who didn't go to med school and who have the main objective of denying coverage or making arbitrary rulings about limits or types of medical care.

I realize at the macro level it would be fairly disastrous for society if enough doctors did this, but at the micro level, I am very understanding of an individual physician's desire to have an insurance-free business. I am not trying to start a debate about health care but when I hear that a doctor doesn't accept much or any insurance, I assume it is because that doctor made a decision regarding his or her own sanity and is skilled enough that he/she can attract patients without accepting the insurance.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:04 PM

10 posts, read 27,533 times
obviously, I am late to post anything here about Dr. Arem, but here is my 2 cents worth. I have gone to him off and on, since 1995 when he first diagnosed my Hashimoto's while we both worked @ Baylor COM. He is excellent, worth every penny. I think that he dreams about thyroids! I just am stable, and don't always have the $ to pay for his services. Don't know anything about all of the extra vitamins, supplements, those are relatively new to his program, most likely since he went out on his own after leaving Baylor COM. I understand that his lack of accepting insurance is to keep the amount of bookkeeping and bookkeepers to a minimum, so that he and his staff can focus on the medicine. He really knows his stuff, and is not afraid to put his credentials out there, and let you judge for yourself. He is an excellent physician. Has never been associated with MD Anderson, as far as I know.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:07 PM

oh, yes, it is just as Topaz says, for Dr. Arem.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 PM

3,333 posts, read 7,855,593 times
Never heard of him but those here that recommend him have less than 4 posts which probably means they're shills for the Doc.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 05-26-2010, 08:57 AM

Ronnie, if we were paid by Dr. A, why would we (1) say anything negative or neutral, as I did, and (2) disclose the nature of our relationship with him, as both mottswife and I did? I also declared that I am no longer his patient. This is offensive and I hope that you find a better way to spend your time and your thoughts in the future. BTW, why is your reputation only "73", when others who have posted here have a higher reputation for a similar number of posts? I am new to this forum, only recently looked @ web information about endocrinologists, because someone asked me about Dr. Hotze, who also is in this area, and who I think is a phony. Obviously, my recent posts were of little value to the original questioner, since the date for that post is in 2007. Please be careful where you sling your cynical and, in this case, untrue thoughts and comments.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:59 AM

correction, the original Q is from Jan. 2009

Old 08-17-2010, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,707 times
Hi Candace Strang I would love to know more about your treatment. I have had thyroid issues since i was 18 and its getting worse lately Im considering going to see him although I hear he is a bit expensive. What is his method of treatment, is it testing followed by vitamins and supplements?

Old 08-17-2010, 10:09 PM

687 posts, read 1,872,530 times
Just for clarification - Dr. Ridha Arem is NOT an MD Anderson physician. I don't think there are any MD Anderson physicians that sell vitamins on the side.

Candace, re: HoustonRonnie's point -- those of us who have been on the forums for a while DO look at a poster's participation on the forum, i.e. the number of posts. When new posters show up suddenly just to give feedback on one person, or company, one never knows if it is a real person sharing a real experience, or someone trying to hustle business for the person in question. So some old-timers on the forum will usually point out the fact that the responder is new and has never been on the forum before, primarily to caution the person asking the original question to take the advice with a grain of salt.

I wouldn't take it personally. Hopefully you will participate more on this forum, and we'll all see that you're not a "plant", so to speak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or