Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 01:29 AM

6 posts, read 60,349 times

Advertisements

Hope you can advise me on how to find specifically H1B visa in Houston/Katy as we will be moving there in the coming year and I wanted to plan ahead. Thank you and have a good day, Sunny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 08:09 AM

200 posts, read 1,067,076 times
are you looking for a job with H1B sponsorship?

Old 01-15-2009, 04:11 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
The HB1 Visa must be sponsored by an employer. Even if you get one you could not start before October 1st 2010.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
are you looking for a job with H1B sponsorship?
Yes. Nothing is coming my way through my regular searches. Any advise?

Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
The HB1 Visa must be sponsored by an employer. Even if you get one you could not start before October 1st 2010.
Thank you for the info but why would it take that long? any advisable link to read more on the topic. Most of the sites I found were search sites with fees. Good day.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,120,528 times
try AIG international services inc. they handle relocations and traveler assistance so they need foreigners. my wife works there under H1B.
embassies can easily get visas to any of their employees too. my GF came with me (ahead of me actually) to america by getting work at embassies

Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 PM

571 posts, read 1,932,229 times
Hey.. it sounds like you kinda need some more understanding of the process.... there's a great forum I know of its www.immigrate2us.net oh and also www.visajourney.com .. those helped me through a real complicated waiver process.. good luck!

Old 01-17-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
try AIG international services inc. they handle relocations and traveler assistance so they need foreigners. my wife works there under H1B.
embassies can easily get visas to any of their employees too. my GF came with me (ahead of me actually) to america by getting work at embassies
Thank you this really helpful. I will check AIG and possibly embassies, which many are located in DC rather than other places in the US. I will look anyway, may be something is available. Good day.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasksgirl View Post
Hey.. it sounds like you kinda need some more understanding of the process.... there's a great forum I know of its www.immigrate2us.net oh and also www.visajourney.com .. those helped me through a real complicated waiver process.. good luck!
You are very right, I am still learning all about it. I am checking also other forums and links. Hopefully I will get it all one day. Thank you for the advised links, I will check them as well. Good day.

Old 01-17-2009, 07:32 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,268,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyland View Post
Hope you can advise me on how to find specifically H1B visa in Houston/Katy as we will be moving there in the coming year and I wanted to plan ahead. Thank you and have a good day, Sunny.
Sunny', when you say 'we', I am guessing you are married (you could not enter as a dependent otherwise). If so, you will be issued a H4 Visa, but will not be allowed to work.

If you are seeking an H1B Visa for immigration purposes, it will be extremely difficult, or just impossible. The quotas are already filled up, and with the gloomy economy, there will be many more unemployed people and the corporations will have a much greater choice of candidates, and will most likely choose someone who is already here.

Without giving too many details, you might describe your situation a little more to get better, more accurate advice ahead of time.

Regards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: