U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 10:59 AM

8,160 posts, read 26,478,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryMagic View Post
If you live in Clear Lake or League City and you commute to downtown (or even better, UH Main), would you please share with me your commute time? Either here or via direct message.

20-25 mins [no HOV]

I just know what lanes to pick LOL

I know that left-right-exit-reenter trick.

Sounds like you know what time in the morning to pick too though. Takes me 20 minutes to downtown from the house on a weekend, going 60-70 all the way down I-45.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2009, 07:34 PM

4,751 posts, read 12,065,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestarwvu View Post
You can get a shuttle to U of H, but it has been my experience that itís just as easy to walk. The neighborhood might make you feel uncomfortable. The Eastwood Transit Center is the last stop leaving town in the evening and the bus is often full so you might have to stand or wait for another bus (the buses are less crowded now that gas is cheap, but it still happens). I just did this commute last week. The bus ride was probably around 25 minutes. The walk to the center of the campus took me about 10 to 15 more. I actually prefer to have a walk worked into my commute so I view this as a good thing.
I would definitely feel uncomfortable walking in this neighborhood. This is the same area where a homeless man sleeping on a bus bench was shot to death at 7 am in the morning.

I wouldn't like to stand on a crowded bus all the way back to Clear Lake. Maybe finding a car pool partner would be better.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:05 PM

197 posts, read 695,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
I know that left-right-exit-reenter trick.

Sounds like you know what time in the morning to pick too though. Takes me 20 minutes to downtown from the house on a weekend, going 60-70 all the way down I-45.
Yup - 5:30 in the morning. If I waited until 6 - my blood pressure would be sky high by the time I got to my office.

I only do the left-right-reenter trick in the PM - and only for 3 exits. LOL

Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 PM

8,627 posts, read 16,290,977 times
I don't have to leave at 5:30 to get a decent commute - If I leave between 6:10 and 6:30 it isn't a bad commute -unless there has been an accident or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or