Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 05:40 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Shatner Asks.......John Edward
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 12:50 PM

687 posts, read 2,127,999 times
This thread fascinates me. I like the way it motivates people who've never posted to post. Sort of like how a Chicago election can motivate people who've never voted to vote, even if they're dead. At least that's what I've been told .

In case anyone is interested, "Cau Chin" means Uncle Number Nine, on your mother's side, in Vietnamese. Sometimes in a large Vietnamese family, siblings are referred to in numerical order. So the first born son would be "Anh Hai", which means big brother #2. Don't ask me why, but there is never a "big brother/sister #1". Semantics I guess.

So your uncle #9 would have 7 siblings ahead of him, and perhaps wield a bit less influence in terms of family decision-making. But if your uncle #9 were to wield special supernatural powers, he would gain more respect ...

Old 08-25-2010, 01:04 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karuna95 View Post
This thread fascinates me. I like the way it motivates people who've never posted to post. Sort of like how a Chicago election can motivate people who've never voted to vote, even if they're dead. At least that's what I've been told .

In case anyone is interested, "Cau Chin" means Uncle Number Nine, on your mother's side, in Vietnamese. Sometimes in a large Vietnamese family, siblings are referred to in numerical order. So the first born son would be "Anh Hai", which means big brother #2. Don't ask me why, but there is never a "big brother/sister #1". Semantics I guess.

So your uncle #9 would have 7 siblings ahead of him, and perhaps wield a bit less influence in terms of family decision-making. But if your uncle #9 were to wield special supernatural powers, he would gain more respect ...
When I was in Viet Nam, I was always #10. As in "You numbah TEN, Joe! Numbah 10, goddam you!. Beaucoup dinky dao!"

Sound familiar?

Old 08-25-2010, 01:19 PM

687 posts, read 2,127,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
When I was in Viet Nam, I was always #10. As in "You numbah TEN, Joe! Numbah 10, goddam you!. Beaucoup dinky dao!"

Sound familiar?
No. I have no idea what you're saying.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:25 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,171,954 times
Quote:
No. I have no idea what you're saying.

Sad,.... so sad.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:07 AM

235 posts, read 803,083 times
Quote:
So the first born son would be "Anh Hai", which means big brother #2. Don't ask me why, but there is never a "big brother/sister #1". Semantics I guess.
Anh Hai is the south Vietnamese term for eldest brother. The story behind its meaning is the eldest brother died on the trip from the north down to the south, so brother #1 is not used anymore to refer to the eldest.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:22 AM

3 posts, read 26,770 times
Default Cau Chin Predictions

Can anyone be more clear if everything Uncle Chin says is correct. I have been reading these threads a lot and I was tryng to figure out if his predictions are always true?

Any word of wisdom is welcome!!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love42 View Post
Can anyone be more clear if everything Uncle Chin says is correct. I have been reading these threads a lot and I was tryng to figure out if his predictions are always true?

Any word of wisdom is welcome!!
Long time poster here.
If you want words of wisdom then Uncle Chin is the man to go to. I don't know how to make it much clearer. Have all his predictions come true? No. He told me that this forum thread would be good. But instead... it's been great!

Old 09-16-2010, 09:37 AM

115 posts, read 396,558 times
Don't be naive and waste your time or money. Take it as a form of entertainment but no more. A while back my girl friend took me there and got a reading. He said that we will have 3 kids ... yadi ... yadi. Well, I'm no longer with her! I did drop the $5 in the bucket on my way out and I felt like a fool! He talks very fast because there were usually lots of people waiting for the reading. He will say a bunch of things in your future that is usually true for most everyone. All it takes is one hit to hook a person, who maybe is weak in the mind, you get my point. He made a good name for himself and a lot of money. A self-proclaim monk that drives an expensive car?...wow...how people are so gullible. But hey, it's capitalism!

Here' my future predition for you: You will face some roads of hardship in the future but you will be able to move on. You had a close relationship with your family but there may be some strains at times...

Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,445,460 times
I'm not surprised there is always a line. I would bet half the people in line are Cau Chins people gathering info on you... it's called hot reading. I can't believe in 2010 people are this f'ing gullible to believe this crap. Just do a little internet search for cold/hot reading techniques and compare it to the "reading" you receive from Cau Chin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston