Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 05:43 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,136,060 times

Advertisements

My daughter will be turning 3 in March, and I would like to hear what other's say are good places to have a birthday party. We live in Humble and I would like to have the party in the Humble/Kingwood/Atascocita area. I was thinking of having it at my house, but the list is starting to get a little long.

She goes to day care, and I am inviting some of her friends from there. Half of her class just moved up (most of her friends), and a new class just came in to her class. So I am not going to invite her whole class - as I don't know those kids. But I want to invite some of the kids that just moved up.

I would like to know some locations that can have a large party and do everything (do the cake, clean-up, etc). I am not going to do Chucky Cheese so that one's out.

Anyone have experience with Kindermusic, Little Gym or places like that? Do you have to be members to have a party there?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by lhafer; 01-18-2009 at 05:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 09:54 AM

25 posts, read 69,314 times
My sister throw's parties for her girls (4 and 2) at a place called Jumpin' Joey's. It's got a bunch of those "moonwalk's" in different varieties and they serve food and drinks. It was a fun time for the girls and me!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:41 AM

1,148 posts, read 3,556,309 times
We just went to two different 4 yo birthday partys at "Kids in Action". They do a great job and my kids had a good time. There are three locations in the Humble area. We went to on on West Lake Houston in Humble and one in Kingwood. Here is a link: Kids In Action - Learning Through Play

Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 PM

Thanks Kandy -

Yeah I looked at them. We are actually going to a birthday party there in a few weeks.

I decided on Little Gym actually. It came down between Kids in Action and The Little Gym.

Kid in Action was going to be $200 for 2 hours, and the kids have the whole place to themselves. I have to provide cake, beverages, paper ware, and they provided the entertainment and invitations for up to 11 kids + the birthday girl/boy.

The Little Gym (which is in Kingwood) is going to be $240 for nonmembers ($215 for members) and is 90 minutes, and the kids have the whole place to themselves. But all I have to provide is the cake. They do all the decorating, provide beverages, paper wares, goody bags to the kids, a t-shirt to the birthday guest, and do all the clean up. They have structured activities for the kids. Plus they scribe what the birthday child received so you know who to give thank you notes to. And they provide free invitations (well, included in the cost) up to 14 children.

So they might be a little more, but in the end, if all I have to do is provide cake and my kids...then I am all for it!!

Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 13,906 times
Try Chefs 2b is a great experience for the kids. They had so much fun. Is a cooking class where they make pizza and cupcakes, but I think they have different options. My kids had a blast attending to their friend's party there. I fully recommend it. Check their web site: [url]www.chefs2b.com[/url] if you like.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 8,087 times
My daughter had her 2 year old party at The Little Gym and it was amazing! They had two instructors and provided everything except the cake for the party. They had organized play and games based around my daughters age and then encorporated different games for the older and other kids(there were 24). It was so much fun and they did the set up as I wanted, did the registry, clean up, birthday songs, and so many fun games for them that it seemed to last so much longer then I expected. The bonus was how nice the staff was as well and even took out her gifts to our car too! Would strongly recommend for anyone!

Old 09-20-2012, 03:24 PM

3,333 posts, read 9,170,918 times
lhafer:

Obviously, the one and only posters work at those places. Stick with what the others said. I still amazes me... oh, the transparency!

Ronnie

Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
lhafer:

Obviously, the one and only posters work at those places. Stick with what the others said. I still amazes me... oh, the transparency!

Ronnie
Actually since this thread was started in 2009, I've had her birthday party at The Little Gym, Chefs2B, Bounce City, and Kids in Action. We've also been to parties at Jumpin Joey's (now called Jumpalooza). And all of them were very good.

The best parties were Little Gym for small kids, Kids in Action for older kids, and Chefs2B was her all time favorite place to have a party and was talked about for 2 years!! It was just the most expensive, but well worth the money and memories!

Old 09-20-2012, 05:45 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,730,475 times
I've been to all of the above except chefs2be, Ill have to check that one out.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:38 PM

1,632 posts, read 3,325,463 times
We did our 4 year old's at Jumpalooza and would recommend it. We went on a weekday and it worked out to about $10 per kid, including admission, pizza, drinks, and all the clean up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: