U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:42 PM

1,042 posts, read 2,790,313 times

Advertisements

Was wondering if anybody out there has been house hunting in and around Eagle Springs and Summerwood? If so are you finding that the home builders are offering deep discounts on Move In Ready Homes or are they standing firm on the asking price? We are relocating back to the area at the end of spring and are trying to figure out our attack mode. There are so many options between the two cumunities so we are just researching where we can get the biggest bang for our buck! Looking any where from $250,000 to $375,000 range.
Also thoughts on Lakeshore? This is a new community to us that was just starting out when we lived in the area last. Only driven past it and not thru it. Should we take the time or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM

15 posts, read 82,029 times
We purchased a home in Lakeshore last month. So far, so good. The community is quiet and it was a buyer's market when we purchased our home. We live on the lake side (a street over from Lake Houston) and as such we really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
Was wondering if anybody out there has been house hunting in and around Eagle Springs and Summerwood? If so are you finding that the home builders are offering deep discounts on Move In Ready Homes or are they standing firm on the asking price? We are relocating back to the area at the end of spring and are trying to figure out our attack mode. There are so many options between the two cumunities so we are just researching where we can get the biggest bang for our buck! Looking any where from $250,000 to $375,000 range.
Also thoughts on Lakeshore? This is a new community to us that was just starting out when we lived in the area last. Only driven past it and not thru it. Should we take the time or not?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,358 times
We moved into Summerwood a couple of months ago and couldn't be happier! We love it out here. However, we bought a foreclosure and I'm not sure if the prices have dropped on the new constructions. I've only driven past Lakeshore so I can't give an informed opinion.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM

Thanx everybody for your replies. I still have my hesitations abt being as afr down as Summerwood. I may need to get over that though.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:08 PM

469 posts, read 1,321,648 times
You will have no problem finding a great deal on a completed spec. home in any of the master planned communities in that area. Buyers are starting to come back out but they are not in full force and many of the builders need to move all ready built product. In fact I just recently got an email from the guy I work alot with over in Summerwood that showed large price drops on some spec. homes put up by Village Builders which is now owned by Lennar homes.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Village has some super sweet homes in Summerwood but still as of right now out of our price range. They like their homes a lot no matter where they are building. There is a 3,000 sq ft in Summerwood that I loved and it was huge looking but no game room and since it looked huge I did not realize that it only had three bedrooms. That and it was still priced above $300,000 the last we looked. Too much for a three bedroom in our opinon. We still have four months to go so hopefully there will still be some deals to be had.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:31 AM

3,107 posts, read 8,029,664 times
TXgal33 - I think we saw the same house in Summerwood - with the "aged" wood floors? Loved it but felt it was still high in price for what it actually offered in terms of rooms - 3000sf is a lot of space but I just didn't get that sense of space. We currently have a 2600 sf house but it has 4 bdrms, 3 baths, both formals & family room with lots of storage and it seemed much bigger than that house.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
TXgal33 - I think we saw the same house in Summerwood - with the "aged" wood floors? Loved it but felt it was still high in price for what it actually offered in terms of rooms - 3000sf is a lot of space but I just didn't get that sense of space. We currently have a 2600 sf house but it has 4 bdrms, 3 baths, both formals & family room with lots of storage and it seemed much bigger than that house.
The house had a front door that off in the corner. I loved it but then realized the three bedroom issue. I really liked the wood flooring but again I am thinking it should be more around the $275,000 mark then the $310,000. They also had a HUGE house around the corner from there that had 5 bedrooms and all that jazz but it was $367,000. So not in our budget but would be nice!

Old 01-22-2009, 09:23 AM

3,107 posts, read 8,029,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
The house had a front door that off in the corner. I loved it but then realized the three bedroom issue. I really liked the wood flooring but again I am thinking it should be more around the $275,000 mark then the $310,000. They also had a HUGE house around the corner from there that had 5 bedrooms and all that jazz but it was $367,000. So not in our budget but would be nice!
Yep - that's the same house we saw.

How do you feel about the lack of quality shopping in the area (particularly grocery stores)? Have you looked at Fall Creek? We're currently looking at both areas and have pros/cons for both communities.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
Yep - that's the same house we saw.

How do you feel about the lack of quality shopping in the area (particularly grocery stores)? Have you looked at Fall Creek? We're currently looking at both areas and have pros/cons for both communities.
That is a hard question for us. We use to live in Eagle Springs up until almost two years ago. We built our first home there and just loved living there so our hearts keep pulling us in that direction. Plus the fact the shopping is all right there to include the new Target which I guess for those who live there is not all that new anymore. It is convient to grocery stores like Kroger and Heb plus right there is where our peditricians office was. Heck we could have walked there if we rally wanted to. The Ace had a Post Office. Not sure if they still do and we liked the elementary school.
So the problem is all in the pricing.Summerwood you will find homes priced at least $10,000 less than Eagle Springs so technically we would get more for our money in Summerwood which is what we keep saying. We will buy where we get most house for the money that we are willing to shell out.
My qualm is the fact that it is not Eagle Springs, are friends still live in Eagle Springs, and that shopping is much farther away though hubby disagrees. Also unless you buy a home backing up to the reserve there really are not that many tress on your lot. Also the fact that we have seen the Beltway flood on several occassions right there at the intersection of the Beltway and Summerwood.
The drive for hubby would be shorter since he will be driving to Baytown to start off with so that is a plus but I just do not know. I guess again it all depends on the house. If the house wows me then I may be willing to give in. There is one preowned we are keeping our eye on that fits every request we have. Doubt it will still be there in four months but if it is it will be in the top of our list.
What are you all thinking?? We have not really been looking in Fall Creek. Back when we lived in the area we drove thru there a couple of times and it did not wow us. I am sure we will make the drive again though. The fact that there was nothing out there at the time, also there was no school at the time, and it was down and around from the dump. In the begining we heard people complaining abt the smell and also theft in the area. Not sure if either have subsided. I know they were suppose to be closing the dump.
Sorry for the long post....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston