U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:24 PM

453 posts, read 1,394,432 times

Advertisements

To go off on another stereotypical tangent....but why would you get stares walking around with an Obama shirt in a Wal-Mart? If you walked around in the Wal-Mart around my house, you would get stares if you were wearing a Mcain shirt, Obama probably won 95% of the nearest Wal-Mart shoppers in my area.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:18 PM

8,161 posts, read 26,493,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
To go off on another stereotypical tangent....but why would you get stares walking around with an Obama shirt in a Wal-Mart? If you walked around in the Wal-Mart around my house, you would get stares if you were wearing a Mcain shirt, Obama probably won 95% of the nearest Wal-Mart shoppers in my area.

No one will look at this dude strange at Wal-Mart if he wears a Barack Hussein Obama T-shirt. And big scary trucks?? I think this guy needs to hit up his supplier for a new strain, as his current one is making him a little too paranoid.

My comments sometimes p*ss off the crowds that label themselves as "left" or "right" and carry this ''if you're not with us you're against us'' posse mentality. I'll have nothing to do with this 2-dimensional train of thought. There are some things I'm liberal about and some things I'm conservative about.

I'm also glad my distasteful (Il) comment struck a nerve. Some people need to wake up and observe the similarities. The idolizing some people are doing right now is truly frightening. Oh well, maybe I should find a new strain as well.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 PM

343 posts, read 829,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post

This is the Walmart near Tomball and close to the Red River.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:05 PM

343 posts, read 829,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
No one will look at this dude strange at Wal-Mart if he wears a Barack Hussein Obama T-shirt. And big scary trucks?? I think this guy needs to hit up his supplier for a new strain, as his current one is making him a little too paranoid.

My comments sometimes p*ss off the crowds that label themselves as "left" or "right" and carry this ''if you're not with us you're against us'' posse mentality. I'll have nothing to do with this 2-dimensional train of thought. There are some things I'm liberal about and some things I'm conservative about.

I'm also glad my distasteful (Il) comment struck a nerve. Some people need to wake up and observe the similarities. The idolizing some people are doing right now is truly frightening. Oh well, maybe I should find a new strain as well.
Are you saying I am too paranoid? Sometimes I come home late at night when and pass by the Red River when its closing. I know I am not in the minority to think that these drunken red necks would probably be provoked in seeing a car with an Obama sticker.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:37 PM

7,861 posts, read 5,486,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie P View Post
You should be able to display your "Obama wear" without feeling scared. It's too bad this state is so full of close-minded people who cannot tolerate anything different than their own beliefs.
tstone, I don't know your polictical background, but I was really surprised to see such a distasteful post from you. I'm not trying to offend or anger you, it just took me by surprise.
You must be new to city data. You should get used to it. Yeah, they claim it's sarcasm but whatever.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 AM

47 posts, read 129,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike171562 View Post
Why buy one, just wait 6 months and people will be giving/throwing it away
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You're wrong Obama-hater.

Hey Fitzy24, I was right

Obama souvenir sales in tailspin - Washington Times

Old 08-16-2011, 11:46 AM

659 posts, read 1,079,033 times
Your local dumpster should have some.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:48 AM

3,161 posts, read 3,723,334 times
I hear they cant keep enough obama toilet paper in stock

Old 08-16-2011, 12:20 PM

47 posts, read 129,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I hear they cant keep enough obama toilet paper in stock
I hear Obama toilet paper sales are really wiping out the competition

Old 08-16-2011, 12:27 PM

14,862 posts, read 18,891,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabloodsaw View Post
Can anyone help? I am here in Houston for a few weeks and have been invited to an informal gathering to watch the inauguration. I need to buy some Obama gear, i.e. t-shirt, hat, etc. but want to go to places that are relatively safe for me to travel to considering. Any suggestions?
The only places that I can think only take $1 bills or food-stamps
(what a ridiculous post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or