U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:42 PM

5 posts, read 11,428 times

Advertisements

No I live all over the West, and California is a waste land, does not have the classey architecture, the malls, the grocery stores, the stuff is newer and cleaner and more modern. Oh, yes Cal. has the uncertified beaches, I can't believe they are all uncertified, even when they don't have the Galveston excuse of having so many offshore platforms which kinds ruins Tex beaches. Florida beats Tex almost 2-1 on foreigners, the Cubans, the crime around the old Organe Bowl stadium, the Miami airport do not ask questions mite get kidnapped.
No Houston definitely a better choice to live in pricing to quality of people. al. people when I lived there in the late 80s eve3ryone I date dand met professional personnel while working at General Dynamics on Tomahawk Cruise Missile were on the big "C", the choice of drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:18 PM

130 posts, read 401,309 times
I can chime in here in a similar way as Murof. This is the way I see it. I have lived here or called this home most of my life. Near the coast, I live in The Woodlands, north of Houston. I still consider Galveston reasonably close for a day trip. I also have easy access to Freeport and other coastal communities where there is plenty of birds and a number of bird sanctuaries. Although the water is warm in the summer, the seashore provides many neat things to do whether it be fishing, crabbing, boating, sailing, bathing, etc etc. It is all there. That barely touches what I like about the area. Here I like the weather (coastal weather is humid but here the ecology, weather and everything totally changes). It is hot at "high noon" but mild in the evenings. We go outside in the evenings to enjoy the outdoors even on very hot days. There are some days which we prefer to be inside, especially when we have mosquitoes. In the winter, we can have a week of 70 degree days. That has been the case this year. Even cold days are not very cold although if you get the rain, wind and coldness, it can be uncomfortable outside. So there are days we prefer to be inside. We love the piney woods. Yesterday, I went to observe the Bald Eagles. Two days earlier, I went to watch migrating birds. Yesterday I also went to watch some deer in the evening. Our kids like to watch and play with the ducks on the pond. Sometimes, we like to go to the big city. My daughter likes to go to a Discotech sometimes and there are plenty ion Houston. We all like to go to the zoo or planetarium We like to go to an opera or a ballet or a concert. We have one of the best concert pavillions in the nation right here in The Woodlands and we are making it bigger and better. There is simply no end to all of this. I consider the Houston area to be the best place to live in the country, but of course it depends on what you really want. I want it all and have got it. I fish right here and have three big lakes nearby - Conroe, Livingston and Houston for skiing and water sports. I have a lake right here - Lake Woodlands for kayaking, canoing, sailboating and fishing. Really, I cannot imagine anywhere on earth as good as it is here, and I have lived, worked and visited diverse places all over the world and the USA. We like to think of ourselves as a secret. I do not like to "sell" our secret place. I am afraid too many people will find it. WoodlandsCommentary.com (http://www.WoodlandsCommentary.com - broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 01:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I've said it before on this board & I'll say it again.

If you took Los Angeles, New Orleans, & Atlanta then rolled them into one city you would get Houston.

I agree!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or