U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 02:07 PM

9 posts, read 43,508 times

Advertisements

Can anybody tell me about the tax rate in Old Orchard and sub division to which it belongs to. Also please comment about the schools Oakland Elementary School, Garcia Middle School, Austin High School .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 02:27 PM

169 posts, read 710,988 times
My kids were at Oakland Elementary for a few months before we bought the new house and they absolutely hated it - came home crying every day. I don't think it has the best rating, but it is certainly not the worst. There was a lot of poverty kids shipped in there from god knows where - made the cafeteria chaotic with all the free meal business. From a parents perspective, dropping your kids off and picking them up from there is a nightmare - expect 45 minutes or longer. Never seen anything so ill thought out!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 PM

5,429 posts, read 12,868,241 times
I think the rate is about 2.5%.
Schools: All rank well. Austin and Garcia are just up the road off 1464. Oakland is a little further, up the Grand Pkwy in another new subdivision. Austin High is the second-best rating high school in Fort Bend (after Clements High), and one of the better in the Houston metro.

You can find most of this on HAR.com.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,934 times
Old orchard Community has just two builders( Perry Homes and Brighton Homes) All the houses look alike as builders only build identical houses( which are best sellers) though they have a quite a few models.
Public recreation facilities--- there is just one little pool for nearly 600 famillies... Nothing planned or coming up in the future...

Association fees... one of the highest in the area, controlled by the developer.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:53 PM

733 posts, read 1,801,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjaja View Post
My kids were at Oakland Elementary for a few months before we bought the new house and they absolutely hated it - came home crying every day. I don't think it has the best rating, but it is certainly not the worst. There was a lot of poverty kids shipped in there from god knows where - made the cafeteria chaotic with all the free meal business. From a parents perspective, dropping your kids off and picking them up from there is a nightmare - expect 45 minutes or longer. Never seen anything so ill thought out!
I live in Richmond. Not zoned to Garcia Middle School. My kids are in private school. Howver, I have heard horror stories about Garcia from my friend who is a Ft Bend County Deputy.

Thee subdivision is really nice. We lookd into moving there from Pecan Grove but recently purchasd in Royal Lakes Estats (also in Richmond). You may want to chck out this community.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 PM

5,429 posts, read 12,868,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirjaja View Post
For a while, Oakland was having to take in a bunch of kids from neighborhoods up near the Westpark... likely the "poverty kids" you are referring to. But a new school was built up near the Westpark last year, and they were all shipped back up that way. Reduced the crowding/traffic problem too. Oakland is in a nice area near Pecan Grove and is a good school.

Also, there is a new FBISD middle school being built west of Old Orchard and east of Pecan Grove... that's probably going to change things up too (for the better I suspect.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston