U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:05 AM

63 posts, read 273,753 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster . Does any live in or has any experiences with King Lakes subdivision? It is located a block north of Gaston & Cinco Ranch Blvd. The Centex houses are more affordable than Cinco Ranch as its ranges from 160K - 260K. Centex appears to be a reliable builder since I have checked JD Powers & BBB (A+). Would it still be a risky purchase since its not as reputable as Cinco Ranch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM

2,596 posts, read 7,048,759 times
centex has a reputation of being a "cheap" builder

Old 01-21-2009, 10:02 AM
cla

898 posts, read 2,886,796 times
What concerns me about the area is the apparent lack of sales. I live "next door" in Cinco and occasionally walk around the lake and drive through (in fact, I did a drive through yesterday). The fbcad.org site shows only 3 homes have been purchased (but I don't know what the lag time is between closing on a home and the info actually showing up on fbcad - maybe a month?). Driving through the subdivision it appeared maybe a half-dozen or so are actually being lived in (evidenced by "stuff" - potted plants, decorations, stuff in yards). And another half-dozen that are finished without any signs in front (which originally led me to believe there were more residents, but the visit to fbcad makes me question that). But there are many more with "sold" signs out front - signs that have been there for months and the homes appearing to be ready-to-move-into.

I was not happy to see a Centex neighborhood going up next to mine, but since it is there, I hope the development is successful. The lake is nice and I am glad to have it so close to me for weekend strolls.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,392,794 times
I live next door to it too and I often use the entrance as background scenery for my photoshoots. I second everything cla said, I'd worry about the lack of sales. It is certainly riskier than Cinco, in my opinion Cinco is a no risk situation. The location is good though and I really can't say much about Centex as a builder.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:50 PM

166 posts, read 803,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cla View Post
The fbcad.org site shows only 3 homes have been purchased (but I don't know what the lag time is between closing on a home and the info actually showing up on fbcad - maybe a month?). lls.

fbcad.org is not a good indicator of recently sold new homes... we bought a new construction home back in Oct of 08 and it still hasn't shown up in fbcad since the appraisals that are currently on there are for 2008 appraisals. not sure how often they update their sites.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
cla

898 posts, read 2,886,796 times
I think mine showed up about a month or so later and a couple of others that I checked on were relatively soon after - so I just assumed the data was relatively current.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,706 times
We live in the subdivision, on the lake, and are very pleased. Centex has proven to be responsible builder. Anybody that passes through the subdivision now will notice that houses are popping up like mushrooms. Last week, 6 Lake lots were sold. They are on facebook as KingLakesHomes if you want to see their progress

Old 11-08-2009, 06:38 AM

118 posts, read 284,165 times
Centex is a good builder, have dealt with them many times, also have very good customer service, The homes are not as elegant as other builders in Cinco Ranch, but their price is less, and Centex is now part of Pulte Homes. So, if you like the price, go for it, being close to Cinco Ranch increases the property value of the home.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:23 PM

2,637 posts, read 3,879,832 times
I spent hours once looking for Eagle Lake. I don't think there is one. Nice name though.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:43 PM

443 posts, read 1,153,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
I spent hours once looking for Eagle Lake. I don't think there is one. Nice name though.
You must not have looked hard...I'm not sure about Eagle lake as a subdivision in Houston but there is a town SW of Sealy called Eagle Lake...Sportsmans restaurant is a great place to eat there...and there is actually a lake named Eagle lake

eagle lake, tx - Google Maps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or