U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 08:58 PM

29 posts, read 89,386 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I have been looking into the new MPC Cross Creek Ranch in Fulshear. I understand that it is in the Katy ISD. Schools serving the area are Woodcreek Elementary, Woodcreek Junior High and Seven Lakes High School. These look to be very good schools according to various sources.

I understand that this is a new community so I guess that a lot of the planned amenities are not developed yet? All that is shown on the info site are artist sketches and renderings.

I was also wondering about the surrounding areas. Are there supermarkets within walking distance?

I am looking to move into the area (probably into the Katy ISD) in the next 1 - 1 1/2 years. I'm just scouting possible locations. My short list is Cinco Ranch, Firethorne and possibly this Cross Creek Ranch.

Anybody with thoughts/info on this developement in particular or general thoughts on Fulshear/Katy that I might be interested in?

Thanks,
Steve
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,392,311 times
I live in Cinco Ranch and drove by CCR the other day. It is WAAAY out there, there is nothing within walking distance. It looks almost totally undeveloped, just this weird looking clubhouse in the front. There are a few houses but it's mostly flat, empty nothingness. Fulshear is a cute, Texas country town...very rural. You are just a few minutes down 1493 from lots of retail, but for me it woult be too far from everything. I'm actually a bit surprised to hear it's zoned to Katy ISD...if it is zoned to Seven Lakes it won't be for long, there is a new high school slated to be built behind Cinco Ranch West in 2012.

I would personally stick with Cinco Ranch, you can't go wrong there. Firethorne is nice but I didn't choose it because it was zoned to Katy HS and I prefered to be zoned to a HS south of I-10.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:33 PM

29 posts, read 89,386 times
Thanks sbhubbel. That's good information. It sounds to me like CCR might be taken off my short list. I don't think the better half will like living so far out. I wonder how much growth there would be over the next year or so. I really wish I was there to see these things for myself .

Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 PM
cla

898 posts, read 2,886,389 times
About 2/3 of CCR is in KISD, the western section is in Lamar Consolidated. It is out in the middle of nowhere right now, but so was the section of Cinco that I live in right now just a few years ago. Heck, except for all of the homes around me, it is still kind of in the middle of nowhere - with the exception of a nearby newly built convenience store, the nearest grocery/retail is at least 5 minutes away. My teenage daughter misses being able to walk with a friend to Starbucks, etc.

CCR and Fulshear will eventually look like Katy does now, but it will be quite a while before CCR is built out. And until schools are built in the development, the nearest schools aren't that near. I think the plans for the development look great, but it is going to take years to get there.

With the economy such as it is, I wouldn't expect to see much growth out that way - we are still waiting for the retail growth in the cinco west and sw sections. Retail in cinco sw at 1093 and Spring green blvd has been "on the books" for a while now - but I don't think we'll see anything there for a couple of years, based on what I have seen since I have been here.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:04 PM

124 posts, read 255,956 times
[SIZE=3]The east boundary of Cross Creek Ranch will adjoin the west boundary of Cinco Ranch. Fry road will continue through Cinco Ranch and cross over FM 1463 and terminate within the Cross Creek Ranch community. The future high school that Sbhubell speaks of is actually within the Cross Creek Ranch community and according to Katy ISD will be a junior high and high school campus. The first phase of the amenities will be open complete in May 09 including a Cafe/Restaurant, Fitness Center for the residents exclusive use, pool with 40 foot tall slide and spray park. The artist renderings a very accurate to real thing but photos have not been published to date since the facilities are not complete. I would recommend contacting a realtor and getting an opinion of the communities since they know the pulse of the area. Not sure you will find any grocery stores within walking distance of any of the communities on your short list. The other difference is Cross Creek is within the city limits of Fulshear thus if you desire you can have say in how your city government is operated. The other communities you can not since they are in the unincorporated areas of Ft Bend County. [/SIZE]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:45 PM
cla

898 posts, read 2,886,389 times
I took a ride to Columbus this weekend (very cute town - my daughter took a ton of photos) and on the way back we took 359 south to 1093 and I decided to drive through Cross Creek Ranch. Was I ever surprised at the number of houses already up (quite large homes). My daughter loved the look of the rec center - thought it was "futuristic country".

Old 02-10-2009, 02:28 PM

Um, I don't believe the high school I was referring to is within CCR, it will border Cinco Ranch West on one side and Silver Ranch on the other side, on Katy Gaston road. Due to open in 2012.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:09 PM

124 posts, read 255,956 times
sbhubbell you are correct, my apologies for my mis-statement. It looks like the Cross Creek website has recently been updated and has some recent photos of the welcome center, fitness center and pool area posted. The site is www.crosscreektexas.com. Booknut although it may seem as though Cross Creek Ranch is far out compared to Cinco it is actually less than 2.5 miles from the model home park in Cinco to the entry to Cross Creek Ranch.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:38 PM

Well, I stand by my opinion that it "feels" like its way out there. I know its only a matter of time before the whole area is developed, but it could be quite awhile and compared to Cinco (which is essentially fully developed except for the SW corner) it is very rural. And I also stand by my statement that the commons thing is weird looking...not as attractive as the brochures and billboard artist renderings I saw.

Old 02-13-2009, 05:11 AM

3,467 posts, read 6,811,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
Well, I stand by my opinion that it "feels" like its way out there. I know its only a matter of time before the whole area is developed, but it could be quite awhile and compared to Cinco (which is essentially fully developed except for the SW corner) it is very rural. And I also stand by my statement that the commons thing is weird looking...not as attractive as the brochures and billboard artist renderings I saw.
LOL, anything that's not Cinco is not good in sbhubbell's book. Typical Cinco homer

I think Cross Creek Ranch is going to be very, very nice IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston