U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM

1,273 posts, read 3,322,408 times

Advertisements

Help...
My haircut is only a week old and it ain't workin' out...and the color is too dark. I think it's time to find a hairdresser who speaks English _well.....
What she had going for her was low cost...

Suggestions please for a great cutter and colorist...and if they aren't the same person I'll entertain that too. What do they charge? And at some point I usually get a perm on this very fine hair ... oh Lord, could there actually be a "triple threat" out there who can do it all???????????

Sugar Land preferred...or Stafford, Richmond, SW Houston environs....but if you are _raving about someone I'll drive to Louisiana!! Many thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 09:21 AM

3,567 posts, read 3,818,373 times
Visible Changes at the First Colony Mall. They are great. I am always more than just pleased.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:26 AM

447 posts, read 1,570,843 times
I second Visible Changes at First Colony- Parvin is great with color and cut.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:29 AM

6,878 posts, read 17,809,927 times
The BEST colorist I ever had was Sherrie Hudgins. I mean--she just KNOWS. I believe she went to Vidal Sassoon Academy and she still does all kinds of continuing education in regard to the latest stuff. She's in the Galleria area. She's reasonable, and she's got great qualifications. She has her own little place in the Alex Burton Studios on Westheimer. The girl knows her color! Just look at the before/after shots. As soon as my budget allows (i.e. when hubby's postdoc ends LOL) I am heading back there! She is awesome.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:58 AM

1,273 posts, read 3,322,408 times
Thanks ladies --- but can you give me an idea of the $$ for these folks? Cut? Color?

Mom2, you said 'when your budget allows' so that is my red flag ...

Thanks again. Any name besides Parvin (is that a he or she??) at Visible Changes?

Also...as a 50something I'm not especially "trendy" in terms of my hair...am I going to feel comfortable at this salon? Or surrounded by spike-hair 20somethings? You know what I mean?

Old 01-23-2009, 10:30 AM

447 posts, read 1,570,843 times
Parvin is a she and the price will vary- depending on type of color, condition of your hair, etc.
It would be cheaper to use her for color and step down a notch for cut if you need to.
Visible Changes caters to all ages. I'm 50 something and have used them for a long time, and both of my 20 and 24 year old daughters use VC at First Colony

As a general rule for color/highlights and cut you are probably looking at around 150.
Basic color may be cheaper.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:38 AM

3,567 posts, read 3,818,373 times
At visible changes you can chose how much you want to spend. This depends on the level of the stylist.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:35 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,809,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Thanks ladies --- but can you give me an idea of the $$ for these folks? Cut? Color?

Mom2, you said 'when your budget allows' so that is my red flag ...

Thanks again. Any name besides Parvin (is that a he or she??) at Visible Changes?

Also...as a 50something I'm not especially "trendy" in terms of my hair...am I going to feel comfortable at this salon? Or surrounded by spike-hair 20somethings? You know what I mean?

Check out the link I posted, catfancier. She has her prices listed. She can do a basic cut and one-level color for $75-$100. She's competitive with any salon as far as her prices.

I typed "when my budget allows" because I stay home with my 3 year old and 10 mo. old, and my husband is a postdoctoral fellow until summer--that means VERY little disposable income. My priorities are such that hair color is not an option. She made me a fabulous blonde, and it would cost me quite a bit (about $140-$150) because I did many levels of highlights and she'd cut every time. At the time, no big deal, because I had the money. She works with budgets pretty well by the way, and will make sure your color stretches as long as you need (she'd work it so I didn't have to come back for 6-8 weeks instead of 4).

She's in her own space, in a gallery of salons. It's like a little bedroom-sized room with a door. So, it's just she and you and it's very private.

I'm telling you, you will NOT be disappointed. At all. I cannot WAIT to go back to her!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:43 PM

4,751 posts, read 12,040,957 times
I had a good experience at Genesis Spa and Salon in Sugar Land. I only had my eye brows done but I met their colorist who has 25+ years experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or