Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:45 PM

759 posts, read 3,184,176 times

Advertisements

PM me for details...I thought My posting was a fair assessment of what items were done right and what weren't. I guess statements like "All builder are great people that are doing you a favor by giving a great house at a great deal is the only thing allowed."
so if you want to know about homes I have owned PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,805 times
I purchased a home they built in 2006. Lived there for 4 years and found out it had Toxic Chinese Drywall. Brighton originally planned to fix the problem then decided not to. They have been a nightmare to deal with. Failing to address the issue even when I hired an attorney they ignored her calls and only spoke with her when she showed up in person (which cost me plenty)!!!

I had 6 or 7 AC coils fail due to the drywall as well as TV failures, computer failures and a son who has astma, which i believe may have been caused by their faulty building.

Look up Chinese Drywall if you've never heard of it. It's a nightmare. And Brighton doesn't care about the fact that it sold me a house with it. They claim no responsibility and I am left to go after foreign companies to have my house repaired. No reimbursement for monetary lose. I have had to move out and pay rent while still paying my mortgage!!! Brighton sucks!

Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 AM

2 posts, read 6,551 times
Default Brighton Homes

Ok, this is not a complaint. The question asked if they were a good builder. I am currenlty building a house with them and my opinion is NO. They are not.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:45 PM

79 posts, read 302,075 times
It really depends on the contractors/crew that work on building your house. As with any builder make sure you are on top of the construction and have a good relationship with the construction manager.

I built my home with them and we got a good end product. It was not perfect but the construction manager made things right.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,172,989 times
I hate Old Orchard. They took away one of my favorite golf courses.

Just sayin'...

Ronnie

Old 02-03-2013, 07:27 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Well this is an old post but I know two people who own Brighton homes - one in pearland and the other off of 290 who both suffered what insurance classified as catastrophic roof collapses and totally flooded homes due to those roof failures during hurricane Ike.

Could be coincidence but it left an impression on me.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:00 AM

632 posts, read 1,180,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neotextist View Post
Just a reminder before this thread gets going, this isn't the place for consumer complaints due to defamation issues. Any posts disparaging a builder will be deleted.
This is stupid. I know its not your rules but I completely disagree with not being able to voice our opinions. I feel that if I have info that the OP should watch out for (as for others who may considering a home), I should be allowed to voice it.

Plus, is the builder going to sue an internet forum or something? There are websites such as pissedconsumer where people complain all the time. I don't recall ever hearing about them getting sued.

OP, Old Orchard is a good subdivision despite the issues with the HOA and a couple of the people who live in the neighborhood.

Perry Homes does not rank high in my book. Yes, they do have a few employees that will bend over backwards to help you out but, the company as a whole tries to blame you the consumer for faults in the home so just watch out and document everything. Definitely, take advantage of the warranty and even if its a cosmetic issue, get it fixed should you go with a Perry Home.

As for Brighton, since I'm not allowed to say what I'd like to say take that as a cue to how I feel about them.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times
Brighton and Perry are both regarded as "Big Box" builders. They have their niche and do very well.

Old 12-14-2013, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 8,064 times
I live in old orchard and purchased one of their two story inventory homes. No major problems and what littles issues I did find they were quick to resolve. Can't complain about build quality either, for the price it's a good product.

Sony
Realtor

Old 12-20-2013, 05:46 PM

118 posts, read 340,203 times
In my experience Brighton is a good builder, have helped some clients buy homes from them, and have not heard complaints from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston