Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 PM

166 posts, read 896,503 times

Advertisements

I think she pasted the same message in about 20 threads to call or email her because she had too much information to say... was gonna give here a prank call.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 06:08 AM

4,760 posts, read 13,777,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratfordspartans View Post
I think she pasted the same message in about 20 threads to call or email her because she had too much information to say... was gonna give here a prank call.
She went back to Realtor spam land where she belongs.

Honestly, why don't they teach Marketing 101 in real estate school? I don't understand why any Realtor thinks I'm going to hire her because of an unhelpful and irritating sales pitch. I did just hire a Realtor and I did so because she writes a really useful newsletter, one that takes time and effort to publish.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,252,417 times
Realtors buy those newsletters and everything else they use with their own money. Even the signs in the yard are paid for by the Realtor not Remax or whatever company. They pay over $1500 in dues plus a monthly fee to their broker. They have to split the commison with their broker and then pay taxes on it. Not to mention driving clients around for days then they change their mind and rent,buy direct from builder or cant get a loan. Realtors spend many hours working not knowing if they will even get paid. Instead of pranking her I will be hoping she makes it thru these hard times.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 AM

447 posts, read 1,759,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
Realtors buy those newsletters and everything else they use with their own money. Even the signs in the yard are paid for by the Realtor not Remax or whatever company. They pay over $1500 in dues plus a monthly fee to their broker. They have to split the commison with their broker and then pay taxes on it. Not to mention driving clients around for days then they change their mind and rent,buy direct from builder or cant get a loan. Realtors spend many hours working not knowing if they will even get paid. Instead of pranking her I will be hoping she makes it thru these hard times.
That may all be true, but this is not a forum for solicitation of business. If posters were looking for a real estate agent, I'm sure most know where to find one.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM

490 posts, read 1,429,316 times
I reported her. This forum is not the place to advertise and I think it is rude to spam the board by posting advertisements on about 20 posts!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:28 AM

490 posts, read 1,429,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
Makes me wonder why so many people become real estate agents....if it was that bad you would think more people would avoid it as a profession.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:24 AM

469 posts, read 1,481,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josci View Post
Makes me wonder why so many people become real estate agents....if it was that bad you would think more people would avoid it as a profession.
Well it is not quite that bad, but at times it is rather frustrating. It was a much better profession before the used car salesman types flooded in during the boom. Behaviors of those individuals has brought alot of negative back lash on all that work in the field. Oh well, the pendalum will swing the other way in the future.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:37 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,585,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesww View Post
Well it is not quite that bad, but at times it is rather frustrating. It was a much better profession before the used car salesman types flooded in during the boom. Behaviors of those individuals has brought alot of negative back lash on all that work in the field. Oh well, the pendalum will swing the other way in the future.

Can't agree more. It was particularly bad when the housing bubble was getting bigger, so to speak. There were really junky signs posted all over town that said "get your realtor license in 30 days." It made a GED seem just as prestigious.

On the rental and property management side, there were some very unscrupulous practices taking place. Considering the tough economy, I'm sure now they are worse than ever.

At this point, I personally have very little respect for the ''profession.'' As things contract further, perhaps the trash will be taken out accordingly.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:21 PM

381 posts, read 1,229,487 times
I think most of the agents here are very considerate and only share their knowledge ( with the exceptionof the crazy lady!)

Old 01-27-2009, 01:09 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,096,532 times
who mom2feebs? i think she had a baby and quit the realtor gig for a while
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: