U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:24 PM

2 posts, read 18,229 times

Advertisements

Hello to everyone! I am looking for a good barber in the Houston area.. I prefer a Puerto Rican or Dominican barber. If anyone knows one please give me the information.
Thanks in advance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:44 PM

8,931 posts, read 11,317,928 times
You're probably just better off going to one of the thousands of black barbershops in the city. Those guys should know how to work with all ethnic hair care types. A friend cuts my hair so I couldn't recommend any to you personally.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:22 PM

2 posts, read 18,229 times
yeah, I've went to a few black barbershops.. I just can't get them to cut it like i want it.. and i noticed they don't even trim the eyebrows.. I guess I have to keep looking.

Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 PM

8,931 posts, read 11,317,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee3pr View Post
yeah, I've went to a few black barbershops.. I just can't get them to cut it like i want it.. and i noticed they don't even trim the eyebrows.. I guess I have to keep looking.
In my experience, most barbers won't trim the eyebrows unless you ask them to.

As far as finding someone to cut your hair right, I guess all you can do is keep searching. I'm sure you'll find one that fixes you up perfect. Also, when explaining how you want it done, always be as specific as possible. Make them earn every dollar you pay them. I know some people who use pictures out of magazines and the internet.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:21 PM

98 posts, read 266,865 times
I’ll recommend Joe Lee’s on Milam downtown. It’s a real deal barber shop: straight razor and a shoe shine guy on premise. It’s a bit pricey at $18, but the cut is always consistent. I don’t always get my eyebrows trimmed (and yes I think that this is a necessary part of a haircut as well) so you might need to ask. I can only recommend Ambrose as I know nothing about anyone else who works there (which is usually just Ambrose when I go on weekdays). I have seen him cut/shave virtually any ethnicity. Bring cash as they don’t take debit/credit cards.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 17,766 times
i Need To know if there is any Puerto rican barber shop in houston please...

Old 05-02-2009, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 17,766 times
i Need To know if there is any Puerto rican barber shop in houston please... Puerto ricans Are the best Cortando Pelo

Old 05-04-2009, 10:38 AM

254 posts, read 379,773 times
Where are you from fellas? Philly? I know exactly what you are looking for in Philly! As far as Houston is concerned, you gotta either go black or Mexican. Puerto Rican/Dominican population isn't as high in Houston. Keep searching and let the boards know if you find something. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:24 AM

435 posts, read 1,413,971 times
Being from NYC I know what you fellas is looking for unfortunately you won't find that down here or you might but its going to take a long time to find.

I get my cut from this lady over at Mike's Barbershop, for $5 you cant beat that with a bat.
You will get a decent haircut but don't expect for them to edge it with a razor or anything.
I once went to a barbershop in sharpstown mall, I paid $15 and it was horrendous. I rather pay $5 since it doesn't hurt the pockets.

Anyways good luck and like someone said keep us posted.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:29 AM

155 posts, read 466,304 times
There's a barber shop in the Sharpstown mall that may help you out. A bunch of Black and Spanish barbers to choose from.. The area is not in the best part of town, but other than that, they got a large array or good barbers to choose from...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or