U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM

166 posts, read 803,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I am on my PC, but I also tried on my MAC and it is still not working. Ah well, I give up for tonight! Like I said, it has been doing this for a few days, so maybe it's my area? Maybe the snow has frozen my connection, lol!

Did you pay your dues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,814,730 times
I've only ever had one issue with HAR.com's MLS and that was when they re-did it. I have yet to find a city in Texas, much less the US, that has a better set up.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM

4,751 posts, read 12,044,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I've only ever had one issue with HAR.com's MLS and that was when they re-did it. I have yet to find a city in Texas, much less the US, that has a better set up.
Where else have you lived? My family has house hunted in Washington State, Colorado, and Oregon and they all had better real estate Web sites, in my opinion.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:48 PM

2,582 posts, read 7,675,485 times
The lack of compatibility of the HAR system with MACs is my main beef with it.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 PM

109 posts, read 523,621 times
I must have jinxed myself by saying that MLS was working fine for me because it started acting up on me earlier this evening after I spent a good hour sorting through listings! I was in the middle of composing my email message to a client to send with the listings I had sorted out....and CRASH! The last five hours have been ok, though.

Now that I've said that, let me go find some wood to knock on...

Old 01-30-2009, 04:48 PM

6,878 posts, read 17,814,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Where else have you lived? My family has house hunted in Washington State, Colorado, and Oregon and they all had better real estate Web sites, in my opinion.
Are you talking about consumer side or agent side? I'm not sure about agent sides in any other city except Houston. As for consumer sides, I've looked at Boulder, CO, all metro areas of Florida, New Jersey, Hawaii (was just on there today), San Diego area, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, and I think that's it. None seemed to ask for the same options as HAR (sq. ft min, age of home, etc) up front, nor were as user friendly, IMHO. My only beef with HAR is that they only load 10 or so homes at a time, but at least I don't have to squint to see if I really want to open a listing up to check out.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:11 PM

6,401 posts, read 9,110,609 times
If your having trouble try Houston Real Estate :: Prudential Gary Greene Realtors :: Houston Texas Homes (http://www.garygreene.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=greene.search - broken link) I like that site much better easier to use & the search fuctions are easier to use

Old 01-30-2009, 06:12 PM

4,751 posts, read 12,044,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Are you talking about consumer side or agent side? I'm not sure about agent sides in any other city except Houston. As for consumer sides, I've looked at Boulder, CO, all metro areas of Florida, New Jersey, Hawaii (was just on there today), San Diego area, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans, and I think that's it. None seemed to ask for the same options as HAR (sq. ft min, age of home, etc) up front, nor were as user friendly, IMHO. My only beef with HAR is that they only load 10 or so homes at a time, but at least I don't have to squint to see if I really want to open a listing up to check out.
Consumer side. Whomever programmed HAR just doesn't think the same things are important as I do. I want different search fields (like specific school) and I wish there were a system that requires Realtors to input both the name of the master planned community (such as New Territory) and then the specific neighborhood (such as Blakely Bend).

Old 01-31-2009, 07:52 AM

2,539 posts, read 3,273,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
If your having trouble try Houston Real Estate :: Prudential Gary Greene Realtors :: Houston Texas Homes (http://www.garygreene.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=greene.search - broken link) I like that site much better easier to use & the search fuctions are easier to use
What a great site, thank you so much!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:44 AM

2,582 posts, read 7,675,485 times
How is the PGG site easier to use? It just pulls its info from HAR. Why not just go to the source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston