U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 07:06 AM

8 posts, read 25,336 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any good proposal ideas in the Houston area? I am going to propose to my Girlfriend.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:31 AM

809 posts, read 3,117,337 times
Ahhhhhhh
Do it on Valentine's Day.
A friend on mine took his girlfriend to the water wall to propose.
I hope you get a lot of good suggestions from people on here! Good luck!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 AM

2,596 posts, read 7,048,759 times
It is a little cold but the rose garden in Herman Park is beautiful. The gem room in the Natural science museum is also very pretty place and you could have a line ready like" you are more special than any of these gemstones" or something along those lines

Old 01-29-2009, 09:49 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,812,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgfnw View Post
Does anyone have any good proposal ideas in the Houston area? I am going to propose to my Girlfriend.
If you want something truly unique or special, then you're going to have to come up with it yourself. Nobody knows your girlfriend and the relationship you have with her better than you. Ideas from other people are fine, but to avoid a cliche proposal you should have the occasion focus on special moments from your relationship.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 AM

299 posts, read 883,522 times
Just throw it on the table and say:

"Here ya go. I'm not going to bother setting unrealistic expectations that I'll never live up to again."

Then, no matter what you do, every holiday after that will seem magical rather than a dissappointment compared to the proposal.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:26 PM

Location: Close enough to the Woodlands to enjoy the ammenities without being IN the Woodlands
147 posts, read 431,573 times
My hubby took me to a restaurant and had a Hot Air Balloon inflated in the field and we had a balloon ride (which was surprise enough!) but at the peak of the ride he proposed with the ring, then had champagne and cheese waiting on the ground back at the restaurant before dinner.

Do something unique to your relationship (ours was our love of Hot Air Balloons) and it will be something she will talk about forever. Obviously 11 years later I still gush over it :-)

Old 01-29-2009, 07:17 PM

488 posts, read 1,259,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggiegenes View Post

"Here ya go. I'm not going to bother setting unrealistic expectations that I'll never live up to again."

Then, no matter what you do, every holiday after that will seem magical rather than a dissappointment compared to the proposal.

Hmmm....interesting advice!!!

My proposal was amazing and romantic...while he may not be able to do that for me all the time...it meant alot that he went out of his way to make it special. I will never forget it and always treasure that night.

My Thoughts...

VDAY is a great day to propose...You can always dress up and go out to a nice dinner. If you went to a hotel you could do rose petals, champagne, and dessert...then propose...then enjoy the room.

Some may think that is cliche...but I am a sappy romantic. Think about what kind of romance your lady likes...you know her best.

Or...you could surprise her with a trip and propose on the trip...that could be really fun.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:20 PM

488 posts, read 1,259,735 times
If you do plan something outside at night remember that February tends to be a chilly month.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 AM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 7,333,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggiegenes View Post

mine was something like that. we're asians so its almost a given you only live-in with someone you'd like to be for a long time. no need for a damn proposal promising you wont have sex with someone outside your relationship (yeah, those girls out there were lining up for me)

Old 01-30-2009, 10:04 AM

2,076 posts, read 3,812,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
no need for a damn proposal promising you wont have sex with someone outside your relationship
I thought proposal/marriage precluded you from sex inside your relationship? That's why I always laugh at these young hollywood types getting promise/chastity rings... why not just get a wedding ring, it's the only surefire chastity ring. jk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston