Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,563 times

Advertisements

Assuming Friday is bulk trash day, would the the garbage collector take my old matress if i leave it out tonight? or is this obviously too large? i put a front seat of a car out there and they took it but on another day i put a bench from my van and they rejected it
anyone know how to get rid of large trash in Houston? I tried donating to Purple Heart but they said they dont accept beds. so i didnt give them my other stuff which includes 2 big tube TVs, I gave that to poor car shops in my area. they rejected my bed too. I already hacked up the box spring, dunno how to reduce this into bags of regular trash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 07:53 PM

4,900 posts, read 13,731,452 times
Take it to the dump or call 1-800-got junk

Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM

490 posts, read 1,433,786 times
Will 1-800-got-junk come and get stuff for free?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:28 PM

4,760 posts, read 13,823,031 times
Have you tried Freecycle? I'm amazed at the stuff that people will take if it is free.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:36 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,445,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Assuming Friday is bulk trash day, would the the garbage collector take my old matress if i leave it out tonight? or is this obviously too large? i put a front seat of a car out there and they took it but on another day i put a bench from my van and they rejected it
anyone know how to get rid of large trash in Houston? I tried donating to Purple Heart but they said they dont accept beds. so i didnt give them my other stuff which includes 2 big tube TVs, I gave that to poor car shops in my area. they rejected my bed too. I already hacked up the box spring, dunno how to reduce this into bags of regular trash
Why throw it away when you can store it for only $10.99 a month?

YouTube - Jones' Big Ass Truck Rental & Storage

Old 01-30-2009, 05:33 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,408,854 times
Or you can always throw it to the side of the road, like some do
I think it depends on the trash crew. Here, Thurs. is our large item day....sometimes they'll take "it", other times they leave it. Maybe how industrious they are feeling?
We also found...if it has any value at all, it is usually gone way before the trash men arrive.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:18 AM
cla

898 posts, read 3,307,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
Have you tried Freecycle? I'm amazed at the stuff that people will take if it is free.

When I lived in N.O. I used freecycle to clean out my garage - was a whole lot easier than hauling it to the dump or piece-mealing it out to the curbside on trash day. Some people where picky though - had a stack of lumber from dissassembling my daughter's playhouse and one guy didn't want to take anything with nails in it.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 AM

3,702 posts, read 18,209,779 times
Assuming you are in Houston city limits, first see: City of Houston eGovernment Center

If you are in between pick-ups see here for a neighborhood drop off site: City of Houston eGovernment Center

Old 01-30-2009, 12:24 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,119,563 times
Thanks folks. rep for all of you(when possible)

Old 01-31-2009, 08:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
my mom will take it lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: