Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 05:03 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,311,684 times

Advertisements

You should try Missouri City, better subdivisions good zoning requirements, parks, trails, and its in between SL and P-Land so you could go to both cities and its down the street from the TMC, Reliant, Museum district and Downtown on US 90 A( Main St).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM

20 posts, read 56,195 times
There are many fine areas in the Houston area to choose from. Having gone through IKE it is obvious what problems could be faced in the Pearland area. The location is good, being close to Houston and Galveston, but for now the commute and traffic can be a nightmare. Sugar Land is an established city with recently improved transportation and more ammenities on the way. There will be a new branch of the museum and a new arena near the University of Houston campus.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 05-19-2009 at 06:18 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 06:12 AM

480 posts, read 1,698,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noeltsang View Post
I would say sugar land is a better choice for the followign reasons
1) you don't have to buy flood insurance in sugar land where Pear land requires you to buy the windstorm and flood insurance
Only partly true. Many parts of Pearland do not require flood insurance (I was not required to get it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeltsang View Post
3) sugarland provides better access to energy corridor, medical center, galleria, southwest part of the town and down town. vs Pearland provide good access to downtown while a little bit further away from other area
I'll agree that Sugarland is better access to the galleria, but if you compare it to the west side of Pearland, along 288, where many new subdivisions are being built, it's clear that this part of Pearland has superior access to downtown and TMC.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 PM

34 posts, read 101,691 times
asonier is right. I forgot about Eagle Heights Academy. We did check that out. But, from 288 it would take a minimum of 30-45 minutes to get there with regular traffic because of all of the red lights. I thought the school was okay. However, it does not have very many students in each grade. If you only consider the high school part, it is an extremely small school. I think at the time I checked it had less than 10 students in the grade (not class) that my daughter would be in. So technically, I didn't count it. I just went on their website to make sure I was correct about the number of students. In their profile they have a total of 32 students in grades 7-12. They are primarily a kinder and elementary school according to their student volume. If it will grow it might be a great upper school imo. For those that like small , this woud be it. But the commute will still be bad from 288.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:07 PM

34 posts, read 101,691 times
Sugar Land over Pear Land imo. But everyone is different and looking for different things. A lot has to do with what stage in life you are in and the resources you have.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times
No contest. Sugar Land. Just being blatantly honest, the demographics and income level is at a higher level. Pearland might get there eventually, but as of this moment there are more low-lifes in Pearland than in Sugar Land.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 PM

439 posts, read 616,885 times
First Pearland is divide into 2 sections Old Pearland and new Pearland.

Old Pearland is very nice and it starts after crossing hwy 35 and its next to Friendswood. The more wealthy Pearland people live in this side. The traffic is not bad and you have access to the beltway and I45. 10 minute drive to airport and 35 minute drive to Galveston. You cant say that about Sugarland. Only one way to get to Sugarland down 59 South. Also you are closer to downtown from Pearland. I would not live in the New Pearland to much traffic. but Old Pearland beats Sugarland hands down. Location Location.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Sugar land, but I prefer Missouri City over them both.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:26 PM

58 posts, read 241,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
First Pearland is divide into 2 sections Old Pearland and new Pearland.

Old Pearland is very nice and it starts after crossing hwy 35 and its next to Friendswood. The more wealthy Pearland people live in this side. The traffic is not bad and you have access to the beltway and I45. 10 minute drive to airport and 35 minute drive to Galveston. You cant say that about Sugarland. Only one way to get to Sugarland down 59 South. Also you are closer to downtown from Pearland. I would not live in the New Pearland to much traffic. but Old Pearland beats Sugarland hands down. Location Location.
I'm in Pearland, east of 35, and agree with the above (though your time estimates might be a little off). It's a great location, with nice homes in an uncongested and friendly area. I see the bad traffic over by 288/518 about once a month, if that. There's just no need to go there.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:12 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Sugar Land is better because it is more established. Pearland is still a commuter suburb, while Sugar Land has significant economic clout with businesses and corporations that reside there. When looking at Houston's MSA, it is listed as Houston-Sugar Land- Baytown, noting the economic importance of those cities and the geography of the region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston