Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times

Advertisements

Kinda weird, don'tcha think, that all these sex offenders live in the same apartment complex? WTH?

https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...&ZIP_TXT=77079

Furthermore, doing a search on the address reveals even more criminals live there--not just sex offenders. We're talking about a teeny complex here, the Skylane West apartments just west of the beltway at I-10.

UGH!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
Of all the structures that didn't get TKO'd during the construction of I-10...Skyline still stands

Old 02-03-2009, 01:40 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
I think it's rather creepy how the government lumps all sex offenders together and then tracks them for the rest of their lives. This means the nastiest pedophile is lumped together on a map with some horny 19 year old that had sex with a 16 year old. I also believe that if we have a sex offender registry, why not have, say a drunken driver registry? I'd prefer to know about a person that has had 3 DUI's who lives next to me as opposed to a sex offender. I can educate my daughter and help protect her against creeps, however I may not be able to push her away from a car driven by a neighbor who happens to have a .22 alcohol level and plows into her while she's riding her bike. This is especially true when I have no idea my neighbor is a raging alcoholic.

When you really look at sex offender rules, regulations, laws and political motivations for the aforementioned, it's actually quite a bit creepier than living next to one. We need to put the serious offenders in prison for much longer while having a different approach with the 19 on 16 year old cases.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:47 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
I'll agree with you on the teen sex thing.

But the ones at Skyline are the hardcore pedophiles.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:51 PM

809 posts, read 3,568,565 times
How do you do a search for non-sex offender criminals? Thanks.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

You are probably right...but almost nobody cares if it was a 18 yo having sex with his 16 yo girlfriend, or someone who really raped someone. Just see the word " sex offender".

By the way, why are we talking about this here nayway? Where are they supposed to live? Gotta live somewhere...since everybody does a backgroud check, I do not see where else they would live. Apparently this apartment doesen't.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

It would be interesting to see if Texas has a law where pedophiles cannot live near schools, churches, parks etc. This may in turn cause them all to live together.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:24 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You are probably right...but almost nobody cares if it was a 18 yo having sex with his 16 yo girlfriend, or someone who really raped someone. Just see the word " sex offender".

By the way, why are we talking about this here nayway? Where are they supposed to live? Gotta live somewhere...since everybody does a backgroud check, I do not see where else they would live. Apparently this apartment doesen't.
My stock answer to this question is: I don't care where they live, or if they live. I don't want them near my girls or anyone else's kids. Stick them on an island somewhere and let them enjoy themselves. My responsibility is to the safety of my family, not whether TDCJ parolee #05043398 has a roof over his head.

I get that there are 18 year olds that got sucked into the "Oops, I didn't tell you I was 15?" trap. I'm not talking about those people. Go look at the convictions on the link I posted. One dude had some inapprorpriate relations with a FIVE YEAR OLD. That's par for the course.

It just doesn't make any sense to have all these criminals lumped in with each other so close to two elementary schools (within a mile of each).

Old 02-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
It just doesn't make any sense to have all these criminals lumped in with each other so close to two elementary schools (within a mile of each).
But the laws may give them no other choice. America isn't smart when it comes to sex offenders. We lump them all together, put restrictions on where they can live when they get out of jail then wonder why they all live in once place when they really have no other choice but to live in that once place. The real crime is the worst sex offenders get often get lenient sentences thanks to heavy handed sentences on such things as drug violations. Prisons are overcrowded because our punishments are based on politics and what gets people elected as opposed to common sense.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:55 PM

197 posts, read 796,888 times
I have a great website one of my engineers gave me that shows all crimes.
I'll try to post the link tomorrow when I'm back at work - it's very informative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: