Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 PM

1,211 posts, read 3,556,160 times

Advertisements

Your number one concern should be insuring that you will be operating in complete compliance with the TCEQ regulations and permitting requirements for disturbing close to 5 acres. I'm assuming that a potential site for a new car dealership was chosen because of it's high visibility. The last thing you want to do, is find yourself climbing down from your excavator to talk to an EPA, and or TCEQ inspector, only to tell him you "didn't know" you needed a permit for storm water run off. The resulting potential fines will make a $2-3000.00 permit look like chump change.

And, the the fact that you aren't "building" anything would be a laughable defense. There is not enough construction currently going on in Harris County to assume you won't get hammered. Used to be that was a low risk proposition, but not anymore. If the owner you are considering doing this work for doesn't have any idea about how things need to be done legally at that scale, this may not be the job to get into the lot clearing business with. Just stuff to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 PM

3 posts, read 10,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCH99 View Post
Your number one concern should be insuring that you will be operating in complete compliance with the TCEQ regulations and permitting requirements for disturbing close to 5 acres. I'm assuming that a potential site for a new car dealership was chosen because of it's high visibility. The last thing you want to do, is find yourself climbing down from your excavator to talk to an EPA, and or TCEQ inspector, only to tell him you "didn't know" you needed a permit for storm water run off. The resulting potential fines will make a $2-3000.00 permit look like chump change.

Yeah I checked with the harris county engineering permit office today. I found that the permit is reasonably prices only $24 an acre, but the cost of the engineering stuff (swppp, R.O.I., and drainage.) will run anywhere from 1500-2500. So i put that in to the bid. It does help that i use to do that stuff for a living and know a few engineers that will stamp my work...

I told him the price of the job and he is fine with it. so no worries.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 843 times
ALL Addresses and if their is no address then it has a lot number.Centerpoint energy would have that number.This is who the post office,engineers,etc use to get an address or lot number.I do heavy brush removal at $400 per acre including trees up to 3" or the size of your wrist.Please let me know if I can help.Cypresstractor.com Matt Harris 713 598 2290.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston