Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:21 AM

3,084 posts, read 5,237,943 times

Advertisements

Cops are like stray dogs always looking for some action. Try your best not to show anxiety in their presence (heck don't even look at them) and most of the time they'll pass you up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 01:46 PM

332 posts, read 1,323,630 times
I think it is just as plausible that you were bringing attention to yourself simply by driving 5 or 10 MPH under the speed limit.

This is usually because of one of the following:
  1. Someone is under the influence of something they're not supposed to be… call it induced paranoia.
  2. They're undocumented or uninsured and think by driving super cautiously no cop will stop them.
  3. They're from East Armpit, Texas and more used to following a tractor on their highways than driving our big a$$ crazy freeways.
  4. The driver is 83 years old and making a run to Sam's Club to stock up on Depends.
I'm mostly joking of course, but there's probably as much truth in the above as any other reason (with somewhat more truth in #1 or #2).

Old 02-16-2009, 02:13 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I and probably most of us hate when some people pull the race card out but being white myself I feel for you. I know those donut munching connoisseur street thugs like to pick on blacks. That's no secret. They pick on all of us, get used to it. America is moving towards a police state. They call the shots and violate our rights with zero consequence.

In rare instance when they shoot us peons they have a fake investigation just for show. But they never see any punishment. They are completely immune from the same silly little laws that they jamb down our throats.

It's disgusting what they get away with and us peons can't do anything about it. The only thing more dangerous then a cop is those who like and trust a cop. Just be careful and blend into the crowd like the rest of us inferior peon commies.

What? Put down the pipe. Seriously.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:34 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,653,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTex View Post
I think it is just as plausible that you were bringing attention to yourself simply by driving 5 or 10 MPH under the speed limit.

1. Someone is under the influence of something they're not supposed to be… call it induced paranoia.
  2. They're undocumented or uninsured and think by driving super cautiously no cop will stop them.
  3. They're from East Armpit, Texas and more used to following a tractor on their highways than driving our big a$$ crazy freeways.
  4. The driver is 83 years old and making a run to Sam's Club to stock up on Depends.
I'm mostly joking of course, but there's probably as much truth in the above as any other reason (with somewhat more truth in #1 or #2).
Or they were just infringing on our rights.....ummm wait a minute. Do we have any rights anymore?

Seriously everyone. These street thugs with badges have been ordered by guess who to give more and more tickets. Even cities are hurting now in this economic depression. They have to raise more money some how and so they pick on the easiest target......us.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:48 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Or they were just infringing on our rights.....ummm wait a minute. Do we have any rights anymore?

Seriously everyone. These street thugs with badges have been ordered by guess who to give more and more tickets. Even cities are hurting now in this economic depression. They have to raise more money some how and so they pick on the easiest target......us.

My brother is a very proud HPD officer. Gang Task Force, as a matter of fact. He's worked his tail off for 20+ years out of a sense of duty to help others. Most officers I know are like that. I am sorry you have had problems in the past; please don't use the problems of a few to paint the entire force.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
I have had them do that - in Clear Lake (I'm not black). At the time, I assumed perhaps it was the tinted windows -- but even then -- they aren't that dark, it is the legal tint. Not really sure why this happens sometimes - didn't pull me over - just blinded me with the spotlight.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:33 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,995,992 times
Quote:
I and probably most of us hate when some people pull the race card out but being white myself I feel for you. I know those donut munching connoisseur street thugs like to pick on blacks. That's no secret. They pick on all of us, get used to it. America is moving towards a police state. They call the shots and violate our rights with zero consequence.

In rare instance when they shoot us peons they have a fake investigation just for show. But they never see any punishment. They are completely immune from the same silly little laws that they jamb down our throats.

It's disgusting what they get away with and us peons can't do anything about it. The only thing more dangerous then a cop is those who like and trust a cop. Just be careful and blend into the crowd like the rest of us inferior peon commies.
Okay I like cops and I trust cops and when I am in trouble - I look for one. And yes there are bad apples but there are pretty much bad apples in every profession and they wield power however they can in the position they are in, so I certainly won't incriminate an entire police force for a few bad apples.

Old 02-16-2009, 05:04 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanTex View Post

My tires are very bad and I wasn't trying to go any faster because of the wet pavement causing me to slide.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:17 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
My tires are very bad and I wasn't trying to go any faster because of the wet pavement causing me to slide.
What the other guy said is true about drivers going slower than other traffic is often because there is something wrong with the driver (or his vehicle, in your case). How could the officer know you were going slow because your tires were bad? And if he did, that in itself would have been good reason to pull you over.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverTodd62 View Post
What the other guy said is true about drivers going slower than other traffic is often because there is something wrong with the driver (or his vehicle, in your case). How could the officer know you were going slow because your tires were bad? And if he did, that in itself would have been good reason to pull you over.
It was raining hard, I doubt anyone was going above or at the speed limit. The cop was literally passing up everyone on the road, I might've been going slow but I wasn't just going insanely slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston