Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 11:36 PM

179 posts, read 855,418 times

Advertisements

You forgot Las Palapas and the old El Pollo Loco. MMMmm.

I miss EZ's though. I went to HS in San Antonio!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampaguita View Post
It's other stuff, too. And one of the differences with TJs, is that they are not just in 1 location (once established in city of certain size) like some specialty markets (I'm thinking H&H in TW).

It's still different from one of the "nice" HEBs because you cannot buy the same type of quality things at comparable prices.

It's not all their label - they carry other labels as well.

I don't know what else to say that will satisfy the questions of people who've never been to one. It's a different experience. And it's just something some of us miss. When I left San Antonio and moved to Buffalo several years ago, my new friends/colleagues wanted to throw me into Lake Erie for all my complaining about the lousy grocery stores and missing HEB, Taco Cabana, Alamo Cafe, EZ's, TX BBQ - all the stuff I loved while living in SA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 11:54 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,090,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22bless View Post
You forgot Las Palapas and the old El Pollo Loco. MMMmm.

I miss EZ's though. I went to HS in San Antonio!
Do you remember Earl Abel's which they tore down a couple of years ago? I was so sad about that! What an institution and landmark (especially for us college students who went there for much needed study breaks & cheese cake!).

EZ's - LOVE their bean burger with the fritos and their caesar salad. I actually wrote them a couple of weeks ago & asked if they would consider opening up in Houston. I *think* I'd actually stop pining for TJ's if there was an EZ's nearby (not that they are even close to being the same thing - restaurant vs food store).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston