Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2007, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,863 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am deciding if Houston will be one of the places I will teach. I have a high schooler and a 5th grader and really want to be in a great area that has diversity, good schools and lots for the family to do. My son loves the outdoors, swimming, the idea of skydiving (laugh), animals, but also malls and indoor paintballing, lazer tag etc. My daughter is interested in any fun kid thing to do. I want safety and security.I will rent for the first year and want a spacious place with some character. I love lofts but downtown may not be for us.I will be teaching in a low achieving district, to help change the achievement gap, so I will definitely be commuting to work, because my son needs to be pushed hard in school to achieve, my daughter in 5th is an overachiever. Anyway I'd appreciate the help and advice.

Last edited by Rainwilson; 03-20-2007 at 07:13 AM.. Reason: spell check
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston