Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 09:24 AM

1 posts, read 4,110 times

Advertisements

Actually, I liked dean and Rog just fine, but I think Walton and Johnson are the best thing on radio. It's so refreshing to find such a non-politically correct, hilarious show. I'm only sorry they switched from AM to FM, cause now they have to play MUSIC! Oh and as far as W&J reinforcing our "redneck" image, thank God there are a few of us left, we're over our limit in lefty girlymen!! Peace out home slices!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 05:18 PM

8,895 posts, read 19,999,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matswife1 View Post
I can't believe the Arrow would trade a couple of actual smart and funny dj's with a lot of experience in music for those W&J yahoos with the gimmicky fake voices and the inflammatory rhetoric...YUK! They are exactly why I hate listening to the radio...thank God for Sirius...do they even play music during their show? I am so disappointed!
The Arrow didn't trade them - their contract came up for renewal and the pair got a better option elsewhere so didn't renew with the Arrow. Clear Channel wasn't expecting that and went into a tailspin trying to reorganize their air-time personalities but they managed to shift things around fairly fast.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:37 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I just wanted to point out that I've tuned in twice this week and heard nothing except music, so hopefully that will put to rest any concerns you might have about W&J talking too much. But then, it really doesn't matter since you're listening to satellite!
Nothing against the music, but for a show that's supposed to be on from 5:30-10A, they do seem to have checked out by the time 9AM rolls around.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,079 times
I love Dean & Rog. Miss them terribly. Susie Hanks is on 107.5 and I hope it's true that Dean & Rog will be there soon. That's where my station will be. W&J are funny at times, but they are a little too much and I don't like their music selections. In fact, there's not much music selection. 107.5 plays it all. I miss the arrow in the morning w/Dean & Rog and their great music selection. I miss the birthday scam, dead man & woman in the envelope. I miss them.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 8,097 times
If I wanted to be bombarded with conservative, ignorant, gay bashing banter...I will tune in to any non-sport AM radio station, or any FOX network. I am very confused to why one of them likes to pretend to be a gay guy, or a woman, or a gay guy pretending to be a woman. The other pretends to be a red neck which is also confusing. Who pretends to speak with a draw? Does it make the lack luster attempts at jokes funnier? It is not "non-politically correct" humor. I do not give a crap about your views on prayer in school, and I surely do not care for them even if they are guised by some horrible outer Houston city limits vocalization.W & J remind me of the officer, Lt. Steven Hauk, that replaced Adrian Cronauer, in the Movie Good Morning Vietnam."Lieutenant Steve, Lieutenant Steve" "Hello Frenchy"I dont even think that W & J even like music. At least Dean and Rog came across as having an appreciaton for music. Every now and then they would annoy me with their "old fogy" views on current artists, but in the end it was endearing. Kind of reminded me of my Dad and how much he hates Prince.Bad choice Clear Channel. I think youll lose more listeners than you will retain or gain.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:28 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew7hale View Post
If I wanted to be bombarded with conservative, ignorant, gay bashing banter...I will tune in to any non-sport AM radio station, or any FOX network. I am very confused to why one of them likes to pretend to be a gay guy, or a woman, or a gay guy pretending to be a woman. The other pretends to be a red neck which is also confusing. Who pretends to speak with a draw? Does it make the lack luster attempts at jokes funnier? It is not "non-politically correct" humor. I do not give a crap about your views on prayer in school, and I surely do not care for them even if they are guised by some horrible outer Houston city limits vocalization.W & J remind me of the officer, Lt. Steven Hauk, that replaced Adrian Cronauer, in the Movie Good Morning Vietnam."Lieutenant Steve, Lieutenant Steve" "Hello Frenchy"I dont even think that W & J even like music. At least Dean and Rog came across as having an appreciaton for music. Every now and then they would annoy me with their "old fogy" views on current artists, but in the end it was endearing. Kind of reminded me of my Dad and how much he hates Prince.Bad choice Clear Channel. I think youll lose more listeners than you will retain or gain.

Do you mean speak with a drawl?

It's funny you say they remind you of the Lieutenant. I was thinking they remind me more of Cronauer than that stuffed shirt. It's non-PC, and it's refreshing to hear the truth compared to the BS heard elsewhere. But, you sound like a raging right-wing-hating liberal, so I'm guessing even Cronauer isn't funny to you.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:45 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,929 times
Quote:
Do you mean speak with a drawl?

It's funny you say they remind you of the Lieutenant. I was thinking they remind me more of Cronauer than that stuffed shirt. It's non-PC, and it's refreshing to hear the truth compared to the BS heard elsewhere. But, you sound like a raging right-wing-hating liberal, so I'm guessing even Cronauer isn't funny to you.
Those two buffoons are repeating hearsay and half truths. They are not very well informed at all. They are constantly harping against Obama's stimulus package but they have never informed themselves that China is spending over twenty times as much relative to our GNP to get out of the world recession and guess what? It’s working! Reagan ran up a deficit of over 30 times as much back in the 80's. He went crazy on military spending and cut taxes at the same time, which it also worked to get the economy back on track. Even G. Bush sr. called it Voodoo Economics (since he didn't understand supply side economics). I could give more examples but you get the idea.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:00 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
It's...uh...a radio show. It's morning entertainment. It's really not supposed to educate a person.

It's really easy, people: laugh, or don't, but either way, you can change the station, I promise! That little knob/button/dial that I know is so hard to turn when you have a cell phone or latte in your hand...lol...

Old 03-16-2009, 03:04 PM

2 posts, read 8,097 times
Forgive my typo...drawl.

I really do not have a side when it comes to politics. I just feel that the blunt of their humor would be better served on a talk-only program on some Liberal-hating-anti-hippie AM station somewhere. Im sure they are hilarious to most people over 40. But,....W & J are funny in their own right, they just seem out of sorts on a classic rock station where the humor is usaully low-brow.
And I am sorry, now they are the bringers of truth? Compared to who? The morning show on the BUZZ? It is a morning radio program, not some vehicle for panning your views on political topics to an unsupecting audiance. Liberal, conservative, or satanic. Whatever. I tune in to hear some good music and get the occasional funny take on Brittney Spears flashing her what-nots to the world.

And for the record, Robin Willimas made Adrian Cronauer funnier than he was in real life. in the end, po-ta-to pah-tah-to right?

Old 03-16-2009, 03:22 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,929 times
Quote:
It's non-PC, and it's refreshing to hear the truth compared to the BS heard elsewhere. But, you sound like a raging right-wing-hating liberal, so I'm guessing even Cronauer isn't funny to you....
Quote:
It's...uh...a radio show. It's morning entertainment. It's really not supposed to educate a person.

It may be that you really want to hear the "truth" according to what you want it to be the "truth". Obviously it’s not truth that enlightens and educates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: