Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM

12 posts, read 33,376 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Summerwood soon. My husband works downtown and his company pays for his bus pass. Can anyone give any input as to what park & ride is the best from Summerwood to downtown and what his drive time and ride times would be on an 8-5 schedule.

TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 04:47 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,281 times
There isn't a park n ride out of Summerwood. The closest for him would be the Eastex Park n Ride just south of the Beltway at 59. It would be about a 15 minute drive there from Summerwood (including lights). Not sure on the bus schedule. I think it would take about 40 minutes or so to get to downtown once he's on the bus.

You can look at the Metro bus schedule and see when it would be best for him to arrive at the park n ride.

My link isn't working....just go to ridemetro.org website and look up park n ride locations. Then look at the 256 Eastex park n ride info.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
There is one on the SE 'corner' on BW8 and 59.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
There is one on the SE 'corner' on BW8 and 59.
Ummm...that's the Eastex park n ride I told the OP about.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM

I realized after reading your posts that it sounded like I was asking about a P&R in Summerwood. oops.

I guess my real question (and you answered it, I think) was if it would be better to take the EastTex one (which is closer) or the one on I-10, which is further but might be faster depending on how backed up the area around the EastTex one gets.

Some friends told us they thought it would be faster to take the I-10 one, but they don't actually live in Summerwood, so we weren't sure if they were right or not.

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxElsie View Post
I realized after reading your posts that it sounded like I was asking about a P&R in Summerwood. oops.

I guess my real question (and you answered it, I think) was if it would be better to take the EastTex one (which is closer) or the one on I-10, which is further but might be faster depending on how backed up the area around the EastTex one gets.

Some friends told us they thought it would be faster to take the I-10 one, but they don't actually live in Summerwood, so we weren't sure if they were right or not.

Thanks for the info.
Not sure about I-10 one, or how it would be faster. Taking the beltway around to I-10? That's going out of his way to get to work.

But if you are trying to save gas and/or time by taking the bus, I personally wouldn't think that driving to I-10 to get on the bus would be faster or more economical. He would have to deal with traffic all the way there, then wait for the bus. The Eastex bus comes very frequently, and I don't believe that it gets full where you have to wait for another one. Now when gas prices where $4/gallon, things were a little different. But right now, I would say it's no problem. The Eastex one doesn't get crowded, and you immediately jump onto the HOV lane from the park n ride. I used to go that way (Atascocita Road to get to the HOV lane from the Eastex park n ride) when I car pooled with my husband to downtown. I come from north of Summerwood, and the traffic was never an issue. Now I take Wilson road to Beltway and jump on the Beltway right before 59. I take the Hardy toll road in. I don't car pool with my hubby anymore It sure was nice when we did though!

Old 03-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Well, he takes the bus not particularly to save money on gas, but because his company pays for it, as opposed to him paying $75-$100 a month to park.

I thought the one on I10 was a good bit further away, but people said the crowd on that area of the beltway was pretty horrific.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,223 times
I've been making this trip for 5 years. Beltway to Eastex Park 'n Ride is the only way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston