Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 02:22 PM

120 posts, read 715,142 times

Advertisements

I had this ATT DSL Elite service at home and they offer free wifi at mojor ATT hotspots and all major airports are supposed to be their hotspots. I am traveling next week and like to find out whether this really works at IAH airport.. Anyone used it ? How did you connect ? I dont remember getting an id and password.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 PM

78 posts, read 290,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
I had this ATT DSL Elite service at home and they offer free wifi at mojor ATT hotspots and all major airports are supposed to be their hotspots. I am traveling next week and like to find out whether this really works at IAH airport.. Anyone used it ? How did you connect ? I dont remember getting an id and password.

Thanks.
yeah, i want to try it out also.

i don't know my username or password either. actually i forgot it; when you set up your dsl you had to use an install cd and during the set up process.... a 1 time set up process..... you had to create a username and password (the setup was a real pain in the a--, thank god i only had to do it once).

i am going to call att on monday to find out what my username and password is (i tried to look it up on att's website but it was giving problems). you should do the same.

after you get that info, bring your laptop to any wifi enabled starbucks or McDonalds and try it out.

i just found out about this whole 'deal' with att wifi and att hotspots today..... i thought to myself 'holy sh-- thats a crazy good deal' (because i was researching how much it would cost per month to use wifi at starbucks....then i found out, i get it free with my att dsl account).

Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 PM

421 posts, read 1,726,734 times
I use my account as Hobby, but not IAH, Starbucks and McDonalds and I have no complaints. I am sure that the service at IAH works just as well.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:20 PM

12 posts, read 60,992 times
Default Free WiFi at Houston Airports

I know Boingo offers service at IAH and HOU for a fee. Coming this Summer, all Wi-Fi will be free at both airports. Promotion of "Free WiFi Coming Soon" will begin at the end of the month. I'm not sure how existing subscriptions for WiFi work (e.g. Sprint, T-Mobile...).

Old 03-16-2009, 10:49 PM

120 posts, read 715,142 times
Thats good news because in the ATT website both Hobby and IAH are not listed as their free hotspots. By any chance, a Premier account (not free) is the one you used at Hobby ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommiePreMed View Post
I use my account as Hobby, but not IAH, Starbucks and McDonalds and I have no complaints. I am sure that the service at IAH works just as well.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM

421 posts, read 1,726,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereItIs View Post
Thats good news because in the ATT website both Hobby and IAH are not listed as their free hotspots. By any chance, a Premier account (not free) is the one you used at Hobby ?
I guess that we have a premier account, I don't know because I don't pay the bill. I do know that it is not a free account, but part of our monthly AT&T dsl service.

I don't know if the information is listed on AT&T's site, but on Boingo's page, ISP at most airports, there is a list of companies whose networks are compatible.

Boingo | Wireless Internet Provider
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston