U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-18-2009, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 2,820 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me where I can go to see in writing the attendance zone of the new high school in Sienna Plantation? I've searched the Fort Bend ISD website and can't find anything. It says that it is to open in 2010, but doesn't say anything about attendance zones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 01:36 AM

3,100 posts, read 5,901,746 times
I was at SP's homefinder center and the person that helped me out is a recent graduate of Hightower/current resident of SP.

According to him, all of Sienna Plantation will get zoned to SPHS (I don't know what the name of that school is going to be so I'm just using SPHS for brevity) whereas before the students were split between Hightower & Elkins. There is also speculation that the medical program at Hightower will get shifted to SPHS while engineering will be at Elkins.

There was supposed to be a meeting about FBISD HS #11 (SPHS) last week, I think, but it's been postponed.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:29 AM

344 posts, read 655,832 times
They held one meeting and after that the FBISD board asked administration to come up with some different zoning plans in addition to what had originally been proposed. This was in the Chronicle a while back:
Quote:
The new high school, the district's 11th, is being built at 500 Waters Lake Boulevard in Sienna Plantation area near the Hillwood residential development. Its attendance zone would comprise Hightower High's attendance zone portion south of Texas 6 and a southeastern part of the Elkins High attendance zone.

With the new high school proposal, an expected 265 students in the Vicksburg subdivision area attending Elkins High would be transferred to Hightower while 502 Sienna students attending Elkins would be relocated to the new high school. That plan would reduce Elkins' enrollment from 2,351 to 1,626 students and that of Hightower from 2,649 to 1,796. The new high school is anticipated to open with 1,171 students.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:09 PM

7 posts, read 15,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSESK View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can go to see in writing the attendance zone of the new high school in Sienna Plantation? I've searched the Fort Bend ISD website and can't find anything. It says that it is to open in 2010, but doesn't say anything about attendance zones.
According to sources they plan to vote to make the options discussed official Dec 14. Seems folks in Sienna Point are upset due to zoning.

District officials picked an option in which students who live north of Texas 6 stay put in their current campuses, while those in the Sienna Plantation area south of Texas 6 who attend Elkins and Hightower would be assigned to the new school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston