U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 01:58 AM

13 posts, read 26,570 times

Advertisements

I think living I a larger city makes dating hard enough. I’m from Chicago and the dating scene is completely different in Houston. Now-a-days things are not how they used to be (I’m 25, like I would know lol!!) but its hard to say where you could meet these types of women….and church isn’t what it used to be. I’m not sure if you have tried online dating……I know some people don’t like it but it helps you to meet more people then you ordinarily would and it also helps you to weed out the drinking smoking club hoppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Is Houston a good or bad city to meet and date women for heterosexual males who don't drink or smoke, nor bar or club hop?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 09:20 AM

1,430 posts, read 5,266,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumeda View Post
I think living I a larger city makes dating hard enough. Iím from Chicago and the dating scene is completely different in Houston. Now-a-days things are not how they used to be (Iím 25, like I would know lol!!) but its hard to say where you could meet these types of womenÖ.and church isnít what it used to be. Iím not sure if you have tried online datingÖÖI know some people donít like it but it helps you to meet more people then you ordinarily would and it also helps you to weed out the drinking smoking club hoppers.
You are totally right about things being different these days, especially since the advent of cell phones and text messaging, which makes it very hard to spontaneously meet people.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 AM

1,430 posts, read 5,266,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
bad city for that kind of stuff.
Why is it a bad city?

Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,178,099 times
There are better cities for dating than Houston but it depends on the part of town you live in but young people just go to clubs and bars here. You will not see a large selection of single young women really anywhere in Houston except for college, bars and clubs and maybe at a mall like the Galleria but some people have claimed that they have met women in every kind of environment in Houston, I don't know.

Going to high quality events might help if you want to avoid bars and clubs, like someone else suggested in this thread.

I would travel around to different cities at some point though to get a taste at different dating scenes.

People are so isolated these days due to being plugged into technology inside their homes and being inside their cars so much. People do not go outside like they used to. That is why I like cities with good public transportation, because you see more people walking outside.

Our society is going to isolate itself to death.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:34 PM

3,439 posts, read 3,178,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
...grocery stores, libraries, and even at your job, but be careful about the last one.
Definitely no.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:54 AM

101 posts, read 342,599 times
You don't have to drink at a club, and you can have a pack of cigs for those random girls who ask you for one... you don't have to do either to meet people.

Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,636,131 times
eHarmony.com or Chemistry.com...that's how several of my non-smoking, non-drinking female friends met their husbands. I'm also a non-smoking, non-drinking kind of gal, but I met my husband through the old-fashioned newspaper personals because we met before the Internet matchmaking age. We've been married for over a decade.

My co-workers who are single are using eHarmony. Most single women I know do not want to go to a bunch of social events where they have to wonder who is single and who is not, so they prefer the more direct approach of using dating Web sites where they can screen people in or screen people out based on some criteria.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:31 AM

469 posts, read 910,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Is Houston a good or bad city to meet and date women for heterosexual males who don't drink or smoke, nor bar or club hop?
Sounds like a church will be your best bet if you are looking for someone that does not go out to bars or drink.

Good luck!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:32 AM

469 posts, read 910,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
eHarmony.com or Chemistry.com...that's how several of my non-smoking, non-drinking female friends met their husbands. I'm also a non-smoking, non-drinking kind of gal, but I met my husband through the old-fashioned newspaper personals because we met before the Internet matchmaking age. We've been married for over a decade.

My co-workers who are single are using eHarmony. Most single women I know do not want to go to a bunch of social events where they have to wonder who is single and who is not, so they prefer the more direct approach of using dating Web sites where they can screen people in or screen people out based on some criteria.
eHarmony is a great idea!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM

724 posts, read 1,041,956 times
Hang out with EEStudent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston