Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 10:41 AM

34 posts, read 103,551 times

Advertisements

It seems Katy sounds like the right place to re-locate. Does anyone know if these cities are tattoo friendly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2009, 11:07 AM

1,326 posts, read 3,451,425 times
I live in Katy and don't know of any tatoo places here, I could be wrong.

Of course, there's tons of tatoo places in Houston.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:13 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintpatti1 View Post
It seems Katy sounds like the right place to re-locate. Does anyone know if these cities are tattoo friendly?
'Not sure of your question. If you are asking if people have problems with people with tattoos, of course not. You'd be hard pressed to NOT find people with tattoos. Now if you are referring to people with spider webs tattooed on their faces, well, you won't see much of that, but people are not hostile towards tattoos in general. In fact, a lot of the youth sport tattoos/piercings of some sort these days.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 AM

34 posts, read 103,551 times
My question was more towards will people bother me, glare, heckle, refuse jobs and so forth because I have visible tattoos. I get harassed where I live on a daily basis. I'm not a gang member, I love body art and come from a free vibe city in Southern California and sadly had to move where I live now.
Where I live currently it's so different than Southern California. It's not open or liberal at all and I'm scared to move into that same sort of mentality all over again.
My tattoos are artistic and Ive been told I would fit in well in Austin, TX... just the homes are so expensive down there, Katy offers more hope for a single mom trying to make a new start independently.

There is hope though! in Katy, TX!

Thanks to you both though

Old 03-27-2009, 11:21 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
I don't think there's hostility towards it anywhere. Certain parts of town you might get some looks from the Tennis and Tea Time set. But that's about it.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:22 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermintpatti1 View Post
My question was more towards will people bother me, glare, heckle and so forth because I have visible tattoos. I get harassed where I live on a daily basis, and I'm a mom, educated and a great person. Where I live currently it's so different than Southern California. It's not open or liberal at all.
Mine are artistic and Ive been told I would fit in well in Austin, TX... just the homes are so expensive down there, Katy offers more hope for a single mom trying to make a new start independently.

There is hope though! in Katy, TX!

Thanks to you both though
West Houston is more similar to Houston than mostly any other parts of Houston, so I doubt people will mess with you about your tats.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:27 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Art...

Katy proper has a Rice Festival every year in October, and I always see many women with tattoos. Some simple, you know, ankles and such. But I've seen full fledged artwork, complete arms and upper torso. People did look, but not in disgust. The observers actually would stop the women to talk to them and check them out. In fact, I think I took some photos of them since they were not the run of the mill tattoos. Of course, the girls were there with their boyfriends/husbands who also had tattoos, but tattoo art looks different, more vivid on women than men... must be the flesh tones.

Anyway, good luck.

Last edited by HookTheBrotherUp; 03-27-2009 at 11:36 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 AM

8,376 posts, read 30,702,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
West Houston is more similar to Houston than mostly any other parts of Houston...

You lost me on that one... you mean W Houston is more similar to inside the Loop? Also Katy does not = Houston.

I'm with EA in that you'll get a lot of looks if you have full-fledged art showing, but that's about it. As far as employment goes, depends on the company and line of work.

If you're looking for an eccentric crowd, then Montrose inside the loop would probably be a better fit.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:42 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
Upper Westheimer/Montrose & inner loop are going to be the most liberal areas of Houston. I don't think Katy would work IMO, its way too conservative out there.

SW Houston is also another option.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,121,369 times
like this?
http://www.freebeerandhotwings.com/pictures/BadTattoo.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston