U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 08:19 AM

9,598 posts, read 15,223,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
I wasn't participating in the track meet. It was some friends' children.

The reason I say about the sunburning being worst between July and September is because that's when we have our highest temperatures, and when some might feel like they're getting boiled.
Does your skin ever burn? Mine doesn't burn easy, but some sun soreness is easy for me to get after maybe 1/2 hr in summer, no sunscreen. To me sunburn sucks whether it's hot, warm, cool etc. outside. I do my best to aviod it with sunblock.

Boiled in the sun? Strange, I've always felt the sun having a drying, sometimes baking kind of effect.

On a day like 98 F with dewpoint at 80-82 F with no breeze, I can feel like I'm getting steamed in the shade, but when I get into the sunshine, the extra temperature has a drying effect that seems to improve my comfort; less sticky, but higher temp, so in that kind of weather a cold drink would need to be in hand, or near by. I'd probably take a swig every minute or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 09:44 AM

3,073 posts, read 8,355,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
Does your skin ever burn? Mine doesn't burn easy, but some sun soreness is easy for me to get after maybe 1/2 hr in summer, no sunscreen. To me sunburn sucks whether it's hot, warm, cool etc. outside. I do my best to aviod it with sunblock.

Boiled in the sun? Strange, I've always felt the sun having a drying, sometimes baking kind of effect.

On a day like 98 F with dewpoint at 80-82 F with no breeze, I can feel like I'm getting steamed in the shade, but when I get into the sunshine, the extra temperature has a drying effect that seems to improve my comfort; less sticky, but higher temp, so in that kind of weather a cold drink would need to be in hand, or near by. I'd probably take a swig every minute or so.
Well you have to consider Houston's humidity, so it feels like getting boiled to me because there's a lot of moisture in the air. And no I never get sunburned. I only get a tan.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Well you have to consider Houston's humidity, so it feels like getting boiled to me because there's a lot of moisture in the air. And no I never get sunburned. I only get a tan.
Lucky!

Does it seem weird that my skin can burn, yet most days with a heat index of 110 F feels comfy to me?

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 04-22-2007 at 11:57 AM..

Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Lucky!

Does it seem weird that my skin can burn, yet most days with a heat index of 110 F feels comfy to me?
No it doesn't seem weird. A lot of people don't feel a sunburn, but you need to be careful with that.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
No it doesn't seem weird. A lot of people don't feel a sunburn, but you need to be careful with that.

I know.
Maybe that last post was kind of stupid anyways.

BTW, is spring over yet, or are there still plants leafing out?
Any early summer blooms?

Up here spring started a few days ago. (after 7.5 months of waiting )
Daffodils blooming, early trees leaves are popping open, today is sunny and 65 F.

Old 04-29-2007, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I know.
Maybe that last post was kind of stupid anyways.

BTW, is spring over yet, or are there still plants leafing out?
Any early summer blooms?

Up here spring started a few days ago. (after 7.5 months of waiting )
Daffodils blooming, early trees leaves are popping open, today is sunny and 65 F.
No I don't think it's over because it actually hasn't gotten very hot yet. Still warm, rainy, and windy some days. Pretty much all of the flowers are gone though.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM

87 posts, read 197,770 times
yeah, it seems like Spring is still trying to hang on a bit this year (longer than most years), but it does feel like it on the outswing in the last day or two. Highs should be above 80 all this week and by next weekend we could be flirting with 90-degrees in the afternoon. Summer is getting close!

Old 04-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL-NC-AZ-TX View Post
yeah, it seems like Spring is still trying to hang on a bit this year (longer than most years), but it does feel like it on the outswing in the last day or two. Highs should be above 80 all this week and by next weekend we could be flirting with 90-degrees in the afternoon. Summer is getting close!
You sound like a weather reporter, lol. Just kidding .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston