Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:52 AM

34 posts, read 204,735 times

Advertisements

Thank you much . I'll check it out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 12,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelita View Post
Thank you much . I'll check it out
I lived in Houston almost 4 years and rarely see Russians. I heard about couple food places from my American (!) friends. They like it. Have had a chance to check the russian bear yet?

Old 04-28-2007, 09:53 PM

179 posts, read 858,136 times
there is a restaurant in the woodlands.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 12,428 times
Talking Russian Deli's

There are 2 Russian Deli's that I know of. One is called Moskow located on Dairy Ashford between I-10 and Memorial. They also have a mini restaurant, which I haven't tried. The other one is called Russian General Store. They have more of a selection than the previous mentioned store. They are located in the Bellaire area, 9629 Hillcroft, Houston, TX 77096. They offer homemade pickles in brine, pel'meni, sausage, fish, sometimes they will have pirozhki, chebureki, or other things at the deli counter. They also have products from other former Soviet countries. As far as where Russians are now, I would say a lot live in the Bellaire area of Houston. Bellaire High School as of now is the only high school to offer Russian language in it's programs. There are lots near the West Chase District and I believe there are some coming towards the Katy area. I just moved to Katy area and have met 3 Russian Families in my neighborhood. As far as meeting fellow Russians sign up for a news letter for White Night Productions White Nights Production (http://www.whitenightshouston.com/home.htm - broken link)

This guy organizes some Russian Parties. Or you could pick up the Russian Texas Paper at the Russian store and find out what's going on or coming up.

I hope this helps.

Old 07-20-2007, 11:34 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,679,286 times
I've known a few, but I'm not aware of a large, cohesive community. That's not to say a significant number of Russians don't reside here. Call the Russian Cultural Center and ask or sign up for their newsletter. You could also try emailing the journalist who wrote this article for additional leads, or the Rice professor mentioned in the article. And there's always meetup.com.

Last edited by houstoner; 07-20-2007 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-22-2007, 11:17 PM

12 posts, read 55,551 times
There is a good amount of Russians in Houston, They are all on the westiside of town they are mostly in the Galleria area. Cafe Europe on Westhimer&Fountainview is owned by Russians an always has business also that Starbucks on Post Oak is always full on an international crowd. I see russians in Houston a lot.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 11,815 times
My wife had heard there was a Russian-speaking daycare/preschool in Houston. Does anyone know anything about it? If so, do you have any contact information?

Thank you,
Chuck

Old 12-11-2008, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 22,229 times
is thre a souna or russian spa(баня) in houston area??????

Old 12-11-2008, 01:02 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,285,669 times
Houston is different than most other cities in this respect. Certain groups do not gravitate toward certain districts to live in. Everyone mingles and lives together like a melting pot.
Russian Bear is a hot spot for the older single scence on weekends.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM

2 posts, read 22,229 times
i dont care if its russian or not im simply luking for a souna to relax in!!?if thaer is one please tel me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston