Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:19 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,134 times

Advertisements

In my little neighborhood (Champion Woods) in the Klein area, they have sold about 6 houses in about a month, which is a lot considering the neighborhood is only about 40 homesites. According to the sales guy yesterday (my wife and I always talk to those guys when we go for our afternoon walk) they are also seeing a lot of real buyers out there looking and have some pending contracts to build coming down the pipeline. Most of these homes are in the $500K to $650K range.

The other sales guy also works over at the Falls at Champions and sold about 4 houses in about a week when he first moved over there about 3 weeks ago. (These are $750K+ homes).

People are feeling overall better about the economy. The fact that the stock market appears to have leveled off some, gives people some confidence. Also: lower prices combined with tax credits for home ownership combined with historically low interest rates = more home sales. (not to mention that a lot of demand has been pent up as people that wanted/can buy have been waiting on the sidelines and there has been very few housing starts lowering supply dramatically)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 01:41 PM

265 posts, read 597,165 times
If only the homes in Spring would sell as well as Katy.

It's not surprising that they aren't, but still...

Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 PM

469 posts, read 1,484,998 times
My personal business has picked up substantially over the last two weeks. I put three transactions into escrow just last week alone. I have another going in and two more buyers I am working with that are serious. With this said I am not ready just yet to call the bottom simply because when I use pendings to calculate absorption and inventory levels we are still seeing inventory rise. What I do believe is that things are getting better for the agents that have stuck it out. Almost everyone I am talking to that still works real estate full time and did not go get another job has seen there business increase.

If we are at the bottom currently I would say we will likely skid along it for a while. I dont see a rapid turn around. But things are stable below $300,000 across the metro and stable below $700,000 inside the loop.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 AM

684 posts, read 2,109,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I'm in the building supply business. Several of my indicators have flattened in the last 30-60 days. I'm not too hopeful they are headed up yet, but at least they have quit sinking. Are we at the bottom? It's hard to say until you are on the way up, and can look back. But maybe, just maybe, we aren't headed any lower.
Yep, for all you market forecasters....the bottom is ALWAYS in your rearview mirror..

Here in *glorious* Northern CA, we are getting a flurry....

THANK GOD...cuz we want to put our house on the market to move to our Conroe TX home....

PLEASE WISH US GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 AM

112 posts, read 404,814 times
EXISTING HOME SALES ARE SLOWING DOWN. It is taking longer to sell your home because builders keep adding to inventory, have stuff sitting and keep building that they are making very attractive. Thanks to cheap, immigrant labor, they can do this ad still make a bank-full.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,231,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis7 View Post
EXISTING HOME SALES ARE SLOWING DOWN. It is taking longer to sell your home because builders keep adding to inventory, have stuff sitting
Wrong. I get a stat sheet from the GHBA every month, and starts are lower than sales. They are building new homes, but far fewer than they are selling. Why? Because they acknowledge they have too much inventory, and are trying to reduce it.

Quote:
keep building that they are making very attractive.

Quote:
they can do this ad still make a bank-full.
Good one! Yes, most builders are making a "bank-full" these days. Which is why every week, another big name or two goes bankrupt. And why their stock prices are off 80%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: