Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,401,995 times

Advertisements

So all we need is a sitcom based in Houston and we're interesting.....Interesting.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,072,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
Ok lets have it. What movie or show is about houston/houstonians?
Northern Exposure is about 110 episodes. They really did a good job making that region seem more interesting.
Ouch. You got me. I didn't read the fine print, I thought you said movies/shows SHOT in Houston. Darn, I lost our imaginary internet bet. It looks like Houston is a boring/unpopular city based on your made up movie/show criteria.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:20 PM

List of films set in Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Titles with locations including<br>Houston, Texas, USA

Old 04-16-2009, 04:24 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,141,425 times
Houston has been featured plenty on COPS. That's good enough for me.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:27 PM

200 posts, read 1,063,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSUBlime View Post
That much has happened...
That's a reflection of self. I have to make my own fun in Boston here all the time and Boston is by no means boring. I just have to find things that interest me.
Does hayato = boring in japanese?
Well that depends on what you find exciting. Find out and move there.
hayato != boring in japanese. sorry
Houston is not a city one wishes to be, unless you coming straight from a third world country or other bad places. You just get here out of necessity. Again, this is a whole different lower level type of city.

Quote:
I admit Houston lacks pedestrian street culture (which helps give you that adventurous feeling) because it is a car city, but it does not lot things to do or excitement IMO. Houston is awesome when it comes to food though.
I do not agree that the food is that great. a few guys pointed bbq and crawfish, personally i think these should never be on a list of great foods.

Quote:
You think people who live in Manhattan go to Times Square all the time?
Houston is simply this concept stripped down to the basic elements without all the high rents and sparkle.
yes we did. we never run out of reasons to visit the area. we never run out of out-of-towners to take around and personally introduce our city to them. TSQ is where the broadway shows are and the commuter trains/buses are running all day because of the local patrons from the suburbs. all day.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:29 PM

Hi Wizzy.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Ouch. You got me. I didn't read the fine print, I thought you said movies/shows SHOT in Houston. Darn, I lost our imaginary internet bet. It looks like Houston is a boring/unpopular city based on your made up movie/show criteria.
well thanks for being a sport. yes houstonian, its not about quantity, but about quality.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
So all we need is a sitcom based in Houston and we're interesting.....Interesting.
Seinfeld Houston? Friends Houston? CSI Houston?
I guess C.O.P.S is not working like Hawaii 5-0. back to the drawing board

Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 PM

2,271 posts, read 5,122,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayato View Post
hayato != boring in japanese. sorry
Houston is not a city one wishes to be, unless you coming straight from a third world country or other bad places. You just get here out of necessity. Again, this is a whole different lower level type of city.

I do not agree that the food is that great. a few guys pointed bbq and crawfish, personally i think these should never be on a list of great foods.

yes we did. we never run out of reasons to visit the area. we never run out of out-of-towners to take around and personally introduce our city to them. TSQ is where the broadway shows are and the commuter trains/buses are running all day because of the local patrons from the suburbs. all day.
Were you a Manhattanite? I'm talking about people that live in Manhattan. For you it was probably some exciting glamorous day trip. I doubt it was a regular occurrence. I have a few friends friends from Manhattan that wouldn't touch Times Square with a 10 foot pole and people in the outer boroughs who go to the city once a month...maybe. (Either way you lose. Does hayato mean lose in Japanese?)

Well you can think they are...there are people who think bagels and pizza shouldn't be, but they're all great to someone.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:21 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,633,692 times
This thread has run its course. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston