Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 05:49 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,761,226 times

Advertisements

..Here is a report from Stacy F*****, a Memorial Forest neighbor, about one alarming incident she was involved in last Thursday, April 1.

Chris ********, Security Chairman, Memorial Forest

Hello everyone,

I wanted to pass along some information about an unfortunate event that my daughter and I were involved in last night. In these uncertain times, I think we all need to be more careful and just be aware of our surroundings.

Last evening around 4:45 I went to the Mister Carwash on Westheimer at Wilcrest. My 4 year old daughter was with me and was very content spraying all the cars with the the soap sprayer they have inside for the kids. As L***** was playing and I was sorting through old coupons to get rid of, I noticed a man pull out a gun and demand cash from the cashier. About that time I felt a gun on my back and was told to put my hands on the glass and not move. As you can imagine, my first thought was L***** and I leaned back to check on her since there was another person between us watching his car come through the wash. As I did that, the man pushed the gun harder in my back and told me not to move again.

A third gunman was robbing the man between L***** and myself taking all his cash and belongings out of his pockets. By the grace of God, L***** kept spraying the cars and didn't really catch on that something bad had happened until after the men ran out of the store. At that point, most of you can imagine the melt down I had!!!!! The robbers have not been caught at the time I sent this email. I think it is important for everyone to know that this happened during evening rush hour at a very populated store. It also might be a good time to talk to your children just to remind them of what to do if this kind of thing were to happen to them. Thankfully nobody was hurt and the items that were stolen can be replaced- in my case it was just my cell phone. Have a good weekend.

Stacy F******

The video was on 11news this morning, I stand corrected
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 AM

200 posts, read 1,067,180 times
correct about what?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:46 AM

1,290 posts, read 5,437,829 times
I guess that he's saying that this actually happened. About 99% of these scare tactic emails are either fake, or have taken other crimes from other parts of the country and changed names/places and are forwarded it on. You'll always get them and it'll have happened to a "friend of a guy I know" or something like that. I'm guessing in this particular case it was an actual crime that happened, which is actually quite rare for these types of email forwards.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 AM

912 posts, read 2,557,147 times
Correct I thought it sounded like the type of spam that clutters up my inbox far too regularly. Wish I'd been right as it's not a good thing to happen to anyone.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
Well, the "ROSS ABDUCTION" email was debunked by HPD

"HPD checked into the Ross incident, and there doesn't seem to be any truth to the story that is being spread around. What did happen, was an attempted purse snatching, the woman screamed and the snatcher ran off without anything."

Old 04-16-2009, 09:29 AM

1,668 posts, read 4,707,379 times
I knew it was a real story. The crime map of Westchase is not pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: