Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM

325 posts, read 2,995,345 times

Advertisements

Sorry, I have not been on this forum in quite a while. Pink Crayon, that sounds like something I would have loved to be involved in. Unfortunately, I have left Texas. I live in Las Vegas, NV where I volunteer at a non-profit called Huntridge Teen Clinic that serves uninsured teens. It unfortunately does not help any of the good people of Houston, but it's a great resource for Southern Nevadans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 06:08 AM

2 posts, read 7,650 times
I know of a single mother, 30 years old, with 2 kids that needs extensive dental care. Many of her teeth were broken out by her ex, and she could not afford care, and so they have rotted. She hides her mouth from everyone when she speaks, and is very sensitive about it. I'm a medic, not a dentist, but my guess is that she will have to have oral surgery and have all of the teeth removed. I'm not rich, but I would really like to get her some help, and remain anonymous. Any recommendations?

Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,134 times
My name is bruce jamison my girlfriend has really bad dental problems and its starting to effect her health it has been affecting her socially for years she has been wearing a flipper for about two years now,we cannot afford dental care is there anyone out there who can help us she is 26 years old with a beautiful pesonality is there a dentist on the forum in the houston area that is willing to help her match her personality with a beautiful smile

Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM

3,333 posts, read 9,174,639 times
Ya. Use your ObamaCare and see how that works out.

Ronnie

Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRonnie View Post
Ya. Use your ObamaCare and see how that works out.

Ronnie
Obamacare does not include dental (yet). But thanks to Obama millions of uninsured Americans will have access to medical care.

I think we voted Romney out this week.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Copied this from another thread:

You may want to check out Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). They are community-based clinic that follow federal guidelines for care, and they serve everyone regardless of ability to pay/sliding scale based on income.

FQHCs in Houston that provide dental care include:
  • Good Neighbor Health Center, 190 Heights Av., 713-529-3597
  • Central Care Community Health Center, 8610 MLK Blvd, 713-734-0199
  • El Centro de Corazon, 5001 Navigation, 713-926-1849
  • Houston Community Health Centers, 424 Hahlo, 713-674-3326

Old 11-09-2012, 10:43 AM

399 posts, read 705,202 times
Congrats on your attitude and your desire to help others. I'm proud of you for that. I wish more people were willing to help those less fortunate. Congrats again and I hope you find the right place. I have no clue but wanted to thank you for your desire to help others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elipar View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm a student at the dental school already. What I was really looking for is a place to volunteer my services to "needy" people. I've found a few---San Jose Clinic, Community Medical Center, and Clinic de Corazon---but they're either not open on Saturdays or far (I have a fear of driving).

Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,657,391 times
What is that dental college in the med center? You can get cheap dental care there but...

NEVER EVER GO THERE. my mom went to have a tooth removed. After 7 hours of xrays and waiting, they tried to pull the tooth but slipped and ended up cracking a tooth on the opposite side of her mouth. Then they messed it all up and she had to have it surgically removed! I went with a friend and we were there for 5 hours and got nothing but xrays!

DO NOT GO

Old 11-11-2012, 07:07 AM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
You mean the UT Dental School? Did they compensate her for that?

If a dentist does that, the dentist needs to compensate for lifetime expenses.

Do you think a lawsuit would be in order?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorplaxy View Post
What is that dental college in the med center? You can get cheap dental care there but...

NEVER EVER GO THERE. my mom went to have a tooth removed. After 7 hours of xrays and waiting, they tried to pull the tooth but slipped and ended up cracking a tooth on the opposite side of her mouth. Then they messed it all up and she had to have it surgically removed! I went with a friend and we were there for 5 hours and got nothing but xrays!

DO NOT GO

Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM

325 posts, read 2,995,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell030681 View Post
Congrats on your attitude and your desire to help others. I'm proud of you for that. I wish more people were willing to help those less fortunate. Congrats again and I hope you find the right place. I have no clue but wanted to thank you for your desire to help others.
Thank you. It was very nice of you to write such a kind comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston