Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 6,141 times

Advertisements

Hello

I have a 5 month old baby. I am looking for a good, reliable day care for my baby. Since this is my first child I am not exactly sure where to begin. This site always offered good information on lot of other concerns I had in the past.
I hope you all can give me some feedback and guide me in the right direction. My work hours are not conventional so I hope to find a day care with extended hours. I don't want to compromise on the quality of the day care hence price is not an issue. In and around rice village or west university areas are also ok. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!
Parent_08
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 AM

551 posts, read 1,573,626 times
I would look into a family home care that provides in their home care after extensive interviews rather than a day care. If cost isn't an issue would you consider hiring a nanny to come into your home and provide the care? My children all had home care with a wonderful lady and then went to MDO and pre-school from 9-2. My hours were only half day though. I have heard Creme de la Creme is good but don't really know. There is a website you can go to that will pull up all registered home care; I think it is called Initiatives for Children. Try that! Hope that helps!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:53 PM

421 posts, read 1,726,335 times
If you need non conventional hours an in home provider might work best for you. The centers that I have interviewed that offer extended hours were not acceptable in terms of quality.

Search the Texas state child care licensing website to look at the violations and sanctions that have been issued to child care providers.

The Children's Initiative Website is excellent for basic child care provider information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: