Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,807 times

Advertisements

To excited hOmebuilder:
I am interested in park lakes, how has it been living in park lakes? I am looking to move closer to beltway and 59, im Atascocita right now.... Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 PM

16 posts, read 127,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2012 View Post
To excited hOmebuilder:
I am interested in park lakes, how has it been living in park lakes? I am looking to move closer to beltway and 59, im Atascocita right now.... Thank you
Any news? Or Information?

Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,097 times
might as well go to summerwood or fall creek

Old 10-25-2011, 08:57 PM

16 posts, read 127,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_guerrajr View Post
might as well go to summerwood or fall creek
Bad place? What happen here?

Old 10-25-2011, 10:04 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,138,281 times
I just don't understand the appeal of Park Lakes. It's too close to the dump. It's backs up to a mobil home park. When you drive down Wilson, which bisects the community - I feel like Wilson Rd is trashy through there with weeds, trash, it's unkempt, etc.

You can drive up W. Lake Houston Prkway through both Summerwood and Lakeshore and W. Lake Houston is kept prestine through these communities. Same with Will Clayton through Eagle Springs. These neighborhoods seem to take pride in their neighborhoods, while I just don't get that feeling from Park Lakes at all.

**I'm not trying to offend anyone who has found their home in Park Lakes. I am glad you found a place that feels like "home" to you. These are just my opinions.

Old 10-26-2011, 05:18 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,585,097 times
pretty much what he/she said ^

Old 11-14-2011, 09:22 PM

1 posts, read 2,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectroil View Post
Bad place? What happen here?
I just moved to the Gated Section of Park Lakes 3 Mths Ago. Thus far, I have not detected any stench from the WM DUMP in my hood. However, as to be expected, if you venture out towards Wilson and Atascocita (site of the dump) you will smell an odor.

Positives:

-Quick Access to Airport
-Short Commute into Downtown
-Very Quiet Neighborhood
-Manned Gated Section
-Very Nice Outdoor Basketball Court, from my observation very quiet and diverse crowd during evenings
-A few walking trails around the various lakes in both sections
-Growing Community with recent completion of beltway. More shopping and retail development on the horizon.
-Very Nice Splashpad on Park Lakes Section.

Negatives
-Highway Noise
-Rail nearby - Not sure where its located but I've heard it on a couple of occasions, Sounds like it may be coming from the other side of the freeway closer to Fall Creek
-There is a mobile home park 400 yards behind the last two entrances into both sections of Park Lakes on Wilson & Loggia Lane. Yes its an eyesore, However, I only notice it if I'm driving past the last entrance gate which is very rare. In regards to any potential guest, I doubt they would be driving from that direction. I wouldn't be surprised if that area isn't purchased by Park Lakes for further expansion within the next 10 years.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 AM

14 posts, read 32,020 times
My daughter no longer is enroll into Park Lakes Elementary. The school is an E.S.L school. majority hispanics... from the establish trailer park, most parents transfer thier children into another H.I.S.D school because their t.a.k.s scores are extremely low. Year 2013-2014 they should be opening a new school for this very particular reason.

I would not purchase from that subdivision the houses are reasonable for a reason and I doubt if Park Lakes buy the establish trailer park. Although, "Fall Creek" bought out some trailer park properties.... but, that was 12 years ago and it wasn't that huge.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
I believe every Canyon Gate subdivision around town has pretty high HOA dues....like around $940 annually.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,034 times
Default Do not move to canyon gate at park lakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2012 View Post
To excited hOmebuilder:
I moved into this area at the beginning of 2010. Thank God I chose to rent before buying. But, this neighborhood is going to the dogs. It is turning into a high priced ghetto. While, I used love the little quiet street I live on, I seen quite a few things that made me think this area is not where I would raise my kids. There are all types of rif raff in this neighborhood. By rif raff I mean: Lazy parents who let their 4 small (ages 5-8) children ride their bikes in the middle of the street, screaming at the top of their lungs. We do have side walks but these kids are always in street. They also throw trash in my yard and any other yard that they want to. Just very unruly while at play and the parents are never ever outside supervising them. I just worry one day that they may become road kill as they are way too young to be playing in the street so recklessly. The club house has a basket ball court where there is an open trade drug market, and lots of rough looking people that walk from the nearby apartment complex or neighborhoods to hang out and sell their drugs/ or buy them. The club house any person can book a a party there and carry it on until past midnight. One day I was jogging and seen a modern day car show... loud music blasting with doors wide open, about a million (stretched!) people just standing in the parking lot. You would have thought you were in front of club Trendz by the look of it. All types of crazed drug addict neighbors who beat the crap out of their wives. The guards at the gates are not guards at all, as they are never there but on the week ends and do not provide any type of security. This place gives you a false sense of security because the back gate that is close to the trailor parks are always open and anyone can just come on through. And not to mention they are building those cheap apartments right in front of the subdivision. I can't wait until my lease is up. I will be either buying a house in Kingwood, Fall Creek, or I may branch out to Katy or Pearland, or Cypress. This place (Canyon Gate @ Park Lakes) is ratchet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston