Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:57 AM

120 posts, read 715,047 times

Advertisements

Well, for me it is just a (in)convenience, re-sale, safety, maintenance, calmness, 'homely' thing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
I was thinking maybe this was some feng shui issue??
If the OP could please elaborate further on his/her meaning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
is the asian population a large enough population here or factor when considering buying a lot?

i might be off on this but i took this thread to be in the case of "if i was to buy a new home would i be better on a corner lot or enclosed lot?' in which case a resale to an asian person/family would not be a factor.

i have been accused of seeing the world COMPLETELY different then a lot of people LOL

Old 05-28-2009, 02:53 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,347,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathz View Post
Depending on the culture, according to feng shui, T-Junction is not for the harmony of husband and wife.

DING DING DING!! I wuz right!!

Trust me, this has just about been the highlight of my day....

Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathz View Post
Depending on the culture, according to feng shui, T-Junction is not for the harmony of husband and wife.
Yep. When I was in real estate, I learned that Hindus do not buy homes with south-facing main (front) doors. I had a couple walk away from their dream home because the front door faced south. East and North are more desirable.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:42 PM

174 posts, read 406,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Yep. When I was in real estate, I learned that Hindus do not buy homes with south-facing main (front) doors. I had a couple walk away from their dream home because the front door faced south. East and North are more desirable.
I just confirmed with my Indian coworkers, that's exactly right, they will avoid houses with south-facing main entrance.

The funny thing is, my chinese coworkers told me, the exact opposite, they prefer houses with south-facing main entrance over the others.

This looks funny, but I am not joking here.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:12 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,705,568 times
Some don't want a home with stairs that point towards the front door....it means all your wealth is going to go out the door.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:00 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,029,109 times
If I was to ever build or buy a house on a corner lot I would want one simlar to my grandparents house. They built a new home on a T corner lot a while back and situated the house on the lot so that only the garage and a large utility room faces the outer street (which has more traffic). The primary living areas (living room, bedrooms, and kitchen) either face the quieter street, the house next door, or the back yard. They've never had any significant noise issues there.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:49 PM

58 posts, read 186,724 times
I'm on a corner lot. Another aspect for us is trash tends
to blow into our yard along the street side. The other
posts about car noise, and headlights are also seconded
here. I would chose a lot on a cul-de-sac street as another
person mentioned if given a choice.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:45 PM

1,288 posts, read 4,935,739 times
To answer the question about whether or not Asian or Hindu opinions should be a factor for influencing resale value...

if you're looking in Sugarland or South Katy...YES. Huge Asian and Indian population here, lots of corporate relocations and these folks pick the MPCs in these areas for the schools mostly.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:16 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,082,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhubbell View Post
To answer the question about whether or not Asian or Hindu opinions should be a factor for influencing resale value...

if you're looking in Sugarland or South Katy...YES. Huge Asian and Indian population here, lots of corporate relocations and these folks pick the MPCs in these areas for the schools mostly.
i understand this point but as i understand the question to be, this person is looking to buy a new home for themselves. now if i am buying a new home (possibly a 1st time buyer considering the nature of the question) resale is last on the list of reasons to purchase. this is the only reason why i am asking about the significance of asian buyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: