Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any recent feedback or experiences (good or bad) with the following:

The Original 3 Men Movers
Copperwood Movers

...any other recommendations?

We'd be moving from The Woodlands to MO City.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 04:55 PM

15 posts, read 76,240 times
My mom and sister just used Three Men Movers earlier this week. They got the complete packing/move/unpacking service, and were extremely happy with the results. The final price was higher than estimated, but still within reason. The movers worked their tails off -- nobody was slacking. It just took more hours than expected.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:17 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Hey Sam, are you headed to Sienna? Didn't we talk about that in a thread once, I can't remember? I wish I could be of help here, I used 3 men one time years ago and did like them very much, but that was back in the early-mid 90s. My mom talked me into using All Points after that and they've been pretty darn good with the 2 times I've moved since then. Good luck with your move and let us know how it goes, I know you have the twins and I would love any advice you have with moving across town and kids...

Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM

I've been leaving messages for 3 Men Movers since last week with no call back and almost didn't bother to call them again. Turns out they sold their number to another company but that number still pops up in Google search's first entry (which includes the map & reviews).

Old Number: 713-225-6683
New Number: 713-333-MOVE (6683)

They gave me a quote of $189 trip charge, $112/hr for 3 men, $40 for piano move. We're looking at ~$900 to go with them to move 3bdrm from The Woodlands to Missouri City.

Seems high to me but I haven't used movers locally yet.

I'm waiting for a call back from copperwood & am going to call All Points as well.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:41 AM

98 posts, read 337,815 times
I just used cool men movers last week. They worked hard, didn't break anything and were very reasonably priced. I was pleasantly surprised by the final bill.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 PM

187 posts, read 714,231 times
FWIW, we used a transnational company to do our move, but they contract out the local ends. We had 2 men on each end completely pack our entire house then unpack on the destination end. Total amount of time was just under 5 hours....and that was just with 2 men. You may find with 3 men, you won't need quite as much time as they've quoted, but I'm sure they estimate a little high to account for unknowns.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:38 AM

All Points gave a great presentation and quoted us $1500. That is more than we've paid for any local move.

We ended up going with Mehdi & Jason of Copperwood Moving. Their prices were by far the most reasonable of all the companies we got quotes from as they were running a special at the time we received the free quote.

Not only were their prices reasonable but they were extremely careful with our possessions (including my piano & 8 boxes of wedding china), respectful, personable and very hard-working. They moved us on a 110* heat index day yet they rarely took breaks save to quench their thirst. They were also very understanding and careful of our toddlers who seemed to get underfoot quite a bit.

Thanks for all the input about local movers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston