U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 AM

12,671 posts, read 21,377,064 times

Advertisements

The Steuber Airline side of 1960 is Ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 05:51 PM

162 posts, read 492,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by careinghands88 View Post
I have two small children and going through a divorce so sharing a house with others won't work. Thank you so much for all the info. I have a couple of addresses for some places I'm looking @ so maybe you can give me your opinion on them: house- 14807 el grande dr 77083, duplex- 12131 white cap lane 77072, duplex- 12207 troulon dr 77072, condo- 10202 forum park 77036, apt- ashford pointe 3950 ashburnham 77082, apt-summerstone 9301 dairy view ln 77099, bankside village 6425 bankside 77096, apt-westchase ranch resort 2101 hayes rd 77077. I know this is a lot so if you know anything about any of these areas I would greatly appriciate it. Also what is traffic like commuting to the medical center? I don't mind traffic in dallas we have that sit still kind of traffic but just want a headsup.

i lived at westchase ranch apts. in 77077

Its not a terrible area. Most of the apts you picked though are large low rent apartments. Which means that regardless of the area around them, its going to attract higher than normal trouble.
Westchase ranch was hella cheap. And relatively convenient. Anything near westheimer, and you have your choice of multiple walmarts/targets/grocery stores/billions of restaurants to choose from within a mile or two. It also means you have to deal with the added traffic and issues that come with a dense population area.

Why are you looking in the far west if you are going to medical center, if you dont mind my asking. You are probably better off just south of the medical center. Try looking in the binz area, or just south in pearland. Same distance commute, but nicer areas.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:15 AM

4 posts, read 7,287 times
how is washington avenue and the areas near san jac and fannin

Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 PM

12,671 posts, read 21,377,064 times
What about Acres homes?

Old 06-14-2011, 06:17 PM

157 posts, read 511,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident View Post
Most of South East Houston, Alief, Gunspoint
Why do people on here recommend Eastwood as a good place to live if it's also the most dangerous? Isn't Eastwood (77023) considered south east?

Old 06-21-2011, 12:02 AM

5 posts, read 24,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeeveryoneelse View Post
i lived at westchase ranch apts. in 77077

Its not a terrible area. Most of the apts you picked though are large low rent apartments. Which means that regardless of the area around them, its going to attract higher than normal trouble.
Westchase ranch was hella cheap. And relatively convenient. Anything near westheimer, and you have your choice of multiple walmarts/targets/grocery stores/billions of restaurants to choose from within a mile or two. It also means you have to deal with the added traffic and issues that come with a dense population area.

Why are you looking in the far west if you are going to medical center, if you dont mind my asking. You are probably better off just south of the medical center. Try looking in the binz area, or just south in pearland. Same distance commute, but nicer areas.
I wanted to stay close to I-10 since ill be going to san antonio a lot and also my kids daycare is in the southwest side..... I don't mind the commute I'm from dallas and we have horrible traffic. Is pearland closer to the water?? I don't want to be to colse due to hurricanes. I will look into the binz area. Thank you.I found some houses and duplexes in my budget can you tell me anything about these areas: 77083 mission bend? 77086 greenyard dr? 77082 ashford meadow?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 AM

157 posts, read 511,567 times
Don't let hurricanes play a huge factor. Houston is a target for hurricanes, the severity also depends on if you are on the wet side, how many tornados spin off, etc. I lived in Kingwood (way north east, outside the beltway) when Ike came through... we felt the hurricane & were without power for a few weeks because so many trees were down. I think Spring & Cypress were too for the same reason. Of course Galveston gets it the worse, but the whole city feels it. You might want to check out the TSARP flood plain map if you're concerned about flooding TSARP.org

Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 PM

2,586 posts, read 7,943,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhheights77007 View Post
Why do people on here recommend Eastwood as a good place to live if it's also the most dangerous? Isn't Eastwood (77023) considered south east?
Because people who know nothing about areas regularly comment like they do.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:25 PM

114 posts, read 223,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modster View Post
Because people who know nothing about areas regularly comment like they do.
In the grand scheme of things, Eastwood isn't all that bad. There are probably 20 neighborhoods I would choose Eastwood over. Gulfton, Sunnyside, and Kashmere Gardens, just to name a few. Eastwood has it's fair share of crime, but it's nothing to write home about.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:49 PM

116 posts, read 208,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
I used to live on Fondren and W. Bellfort area in an apartment complex(Greenhouse Patio) which provided alarms and you had to pay your rent with a money order only. It was right near Bob White Blvd. This was back in the mid 90s. You could hear ambulances going off quite a bit at night. I was even mugged in my own apartment complex parking lot. That was a first for me.
Hey, I grew up in those apartments. We had to move about two years ago because it got really crazy. I was walking out the door for school one morning and there was a dead body in my parking lot. I did hear shots the night before, it was right outside my bedroom window. Gunshots almost every night and people getting killed. Anyways, it got so crazy we had to leave and i was there since I was born. I never really felt unsafe though but i guess thats because I had been there all my life. I would walk home from cattails at like midnight from my friends house, and I'm a female. But I never would've recommended it for someone who wasn't from there. I passed by greenhouse recently and they got new management and it is much much better, but i dont know about the surrounding areas though. They fixed it up, it's all pretty now, and they changed the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston