Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:30 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,237,641 times

Advertisements

When I watch the early morning news it seems that most shooting are in South West Houston...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:31 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,994,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
No, anywhere around U of H. SE Houston is bad as well.
Actually parts of SW Houston are much worse than this area. Parts of all sides of town can be bad though - however, SW is where I would avoid. But you'll find parts of NE, parts of SE, parts of N, etc. that are not that desireable. So the question would be -what side of town are you leaning toward (job, commute, etc.) and we can perhaps provide you with good areas to live in on whatever side of town you are looking.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:36 AM

8,895 posts, read 19,994,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Conroe resident View Post
Most of South East Houston, Alief, Gunspoint
Sort of an exaggeration - you can't label all SE Houston bad. Alief and Greenspoint are neighborhoods - so to speak - versus a quandrant of the city. You'd have to pinpoint which areas of SE Houston you are referring to because it isn't all bad. It just isn't.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:17 AM

637 posts, read 3,236,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Sort of an exaggeration - you can't label all SE Houston bad. Alief and Greenspoint are neighborhoods - so to speak - versus a quandrant of the city. You'd have to pinpoint which areas of SE Houston you are referring to because it isn't all bad. It just isn't.

Your can have it all; I wouldn't fight you for real estate listings in any of the referenced areas.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:59 AM

43 posts, read 207,126 times
DweeJ ...Ditto...I so agree with you. Old WHITE Ladies do not text or use the cell phones. It is younger folks and if you honk for them to get moving...you will get slammed and the finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweej View Post
Spoken like a kid who's never had a run-in with a real junkie or a coked-up gang member....

Old 06-20-2009, 01:09 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,527 times
Default Bingo!...Give the Kid a prize!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTheKid View Post
Dangerous? Post Oak and Westheimer.

All those old white ladies driving suburbans while chatting on their bedazzled cell phones heading to tennis practice without a concern for any of the "little people" they might run over along the way is much, much, much scarier than any talk of a few junkies and coked up gang members in Denver Harbor.
You've got this right.

I would say any road in Houston is the most dangerous place.

I can't say enough about the driving issue here...It's ridiculous!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:29 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
Good ol' Crackhouse patio. I lived right across the street in Rainy Ghettos around the same time. Drugs all over the place. I dreaded having to catch the 163 back home late at night. 2 convenience store clerks at the Phillips 66 murdered. Apartment broken into. It was something else.
I wasn't the only one that got mugged that week. Several other residents got the same deal. The gates to the complex were jammed open when someone took a big tree branch and jammed into the wheels of the sliding gate. It was open all week at the time. A week after the mugging, i decided to move. Got a few friends to help me. You should see the neighbors. They were out watching us move my stuff to the UHaul. The way they looked at us was so weird. I think they wanted some leftovers.. i only left some doormats and mops behind as well as my old 19" tv. I put them outside my apartment door with a note--"feel free to take these as you wish, but please don't kill each other over it. have a nice day and stay safe".

Did they ever find the killer(s) of those Phillips 66 clerks? A month before i was mugged, there was a search party for a gal who went missing after working at KMart(?) or Ventures(?). People were knocking on my door asking me to help search for her. It made the news and a reporter was out in this area doing a story.

Last edited by JL; 06-20-2009 at 04:47 PM..

Old 06-20-2009, 04:42 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,532,954 times
Quote:
I grew up in the Alief area until i went off to college and it was very nice back then. Obviously, it isn't the same anymore. Also, i lived for about a year by Rampart and Glenmont area. My car was broken into 4 times. My mailbox was vandalized and the neighbor's daughter across from me was raped at night while she was asleep. I moved here after moving out of the Fondren and W.Bellfort area. Go figure my logic.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:44 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,046 times
Quote:
Well, what are you talking about? I was talking about SE Houston. Yeah, it does get better...once you pass the Beltway, a little further down the beltway.. But then we are talking about Friendswood, Clear Lake, parts of Pasadena. SE is just largely bad... not gonna fight over some tiny nice spots.

Last edited by XodoX; 06-20-2009 at 07:02 PM..

Old 06-20-2009, 06:46 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,803,196 times
Sugar Land is SW Houston too right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston