U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM

10 posts, read 23,874 times
Elijah2009

Sounds like we may be backyard neighbors. I live 1 street west of the rec center. Do you know what your address is yet?

There are two houses under construction right now, one is framed and one just had the foundation poured.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:02 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,815,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knkighthaw View Post
I live in WLN and I only use entouch for network, alarm and basic phone.

Here is why, The cable service is horrible and more expensive than Directv. If you have all HD TV's like I do, the entouch cost is huge.

However, the high speed network ( I have one step up from the bundled speed) is great so far. I have been here for over a year and I have only had a couple of short outages (Less than 3 hours).

The alarm service I cant really talk too. It there and I have never had an alarm so I don't know about the service.

So, with all that said, I pay the yearly fee and an additional $30 a month for the phone. Several of us here are planning on trying to lobby the HOA to opt out of the cable portion because of the poor quality. But it may have gotten better in the year since I have had it.

I look at it this way, I would pay about 30 to 50 for the network access and at least 20 a month for alarm service. So if I look at that for the year it would be 600 to 850 for the service. I pay about 1050 (750 +300) for what I have now, so the delta is only about 200 to 400 for the year. So it is, in my opinion a small price to pay (25-30 a month) for living in this great community.
Thanks.
I too will probably upgrade to the faster Internet service and I am definitely keeping my DirecTV.
Does the Internet service from Entouch come with a wireless router?
I know my AT&T service came with one.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:53 PM

354 posts, read 1,737,445 times
Quote:
I live in WLN and I only use entouch for network, alarm and basic phone.

Here is why, The cable service is horrible and more expensive than Directv. If you have all HD TV's like I do, the entouch cost is huge.

However, the high speed network ( I have one step up from the bundled speed) is great so far. I have been here for over a year and I have only had a couple of short outages (Less than 3 hours).

The alarm service I cant really talk too. It there and I have never had an alarm so I don't know about the service.

So, with all that said, I pay the yearly fee and an additional $30 a month for the phone. Several of us here are planning on trying to lobby the HOA to opt out of the cable portion because of the poor quality. But it may have gotten better in the year since I have had it.

I look at it this way, I would pay about 30 to 50 for the network access and at least 20 a month for alarm service. So if I look at that for the year it would be 600 to 850 for the service. I pay about 1050 (750 +300) for what I have now, so the delta is only about 200 to 400 for the year. So it is, in my opinion a small price to pay (25-30 a month) for living in this great community.
What exactly is wrong with the cable service other than cost. The cost looks pretty darn good to me considering what I'm paying for comcast.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynicholson77056 View Post
What exactly is wrong with the cable service other than cost. The cost looks pretty darn good to me considering what I'm paying for comcast.
Does the internet service come with a wireless router or just a cable modem?
I'm trying to figure out if I need to get a wireless router or not.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:20 PM

354 posts, read 1,737,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVD26 View Post
Does the internet service come with a wireless router or just a cable modem?
I'm trying to figure out if I need to get a wireless router or not.
Wireless router. It's actually built into the "technology box" that resides in one of the closets in one of the bedrooms.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynicholson77056 View Post
Wireless router. It's actually built into the "technology box" that resides in one of the closets in one of the bedrooms.
Oh, that's the first bit of good news I've heard about Entouch so far
Is the basic service pretty fast or will I need to upgrade?
I know it says 3mb/s, but the ACTUAL speed is usually not the same with these companies.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:16 PM

10 posts, read 23,874 times
The wireless router is provided by the builder, not entouch. You are right the good news is it is provided.

Now for the cable, what is wrong with it? Well other than it goes in and out(may not be a big problem now), I found that the guide was messed up. By this I mean that the guide said one thing was on and when you turned that on, it was something else.

The advertised speed for internet access is close to what you will experience.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:21 PM

33 posts, read 118,388 times
Quote:
Elijah2009

Sounds like we may be backyard neighbors. I live 1 street west of the rec center. Do you know what your address is yet?

There are two houses under construction right now, one is framed and one just had the foundation poured.
am on vadini shores road.. nothing started yet for my house though..
just signed the purchase agreement.. will take 5 more months =)

Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 AM

15 posts, read 29,085 times
Just closed on city shores ln here I hope the services are ok!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:28 PM

126 posts, read 254,828 times
Any new opinions on the basic cable package, internet speed or alarm systems included in the HOA dues? Going to rent in WLN and need to get things set up.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston