Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 12,882 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about current gang activities in Spring Texas? Trying to find out if my child is in a gang, looking for any possible tips. Colors, clothing, signs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 AM

809 posts, read 3,568,565 times
All I can tell you about gangs is that red is the color of the bloods and blue is the color of the crips. Oh, and bk is a crips thing for "blood killers". There's also the ms 13 gang. I think those are the 3 big ones. I think ms 13 is mostly made up of hispanic people, it was started by Salvadorian immigrants.

There's a show called Gangland on the History channel. You might check it out. I missed the Houston episode. I've been hoping they'd repeat it.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 AM

254 posts, read 464,342 times
I would just ask your child and tell your child to be candid. I guess it depends on the relationship you have with your child as well. As a standard, Bloods wear red and Crips wear blue. I don't know anything about the activity there right now, but these are the big 2 and their colors.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:50 AM

160 posts, read 715,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaastircrazy View Post
Does anyone know anything about current gang activities in Spring Texas? Trying to find out if my child is in a gang, looking for any possible tips. Colors, clothing, signs?

You can't really limit gang activity to any specific color. If you can't talk to your kid, then there isn't much you can do.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:53 AM

82 posts, read 557,051 times
As a person who works very closely with young people, I would caution you to not just focus on red and blue. Those are the big two, but any proliferation of one specific color with your child and his/her friends is a very good indication that something may be going on. Sometimes it can be relatively harmless(more like little cliques of friends than actual gangs)...sometimes not so much. If you're seeing one color too much and all the friends just so happen to be wearing this same color, than yeah, I'd definitely check it out if I were you and also have a talk with your kid. I've also seen them have a couple of different colors that they stick too, but they usually wear that color on the same day. For example they all wear black one day, another day they all wear white. I've asked a few of them if they get up in the morning and call each other to color coordinate or do they do it the night before. "Hey man, we're all wearing green tomorrow" Kind of a peculiar existence in my opinion, but whatever.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Most "gangs" are just a bunch of wannabe kid cliques. It's probably nothing.

Old 06-26-2009, 03:31 PM

19 posts, read 71,316 times
HEY, I KNOW A LOT OF GANG-MEMBERS IN HOUSTON.. BUT WITH YOUR SITUATION, LIKE SOMEONE ELSE IT DEPENDS ON YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR CHILD! IF YOU WAIT, AND THEN YOUR CHILD BECOMES A VICTIMS OF GANG-LIFE IT WILL BE TOO LATE.. AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT BY ANY MEANS IT IS YOUR FAULT. I GREW UP IN BAD AREAS BUT MY MOTHER WAS A GREAT PARENT AND I STILL BECAME CAUGHT UP IN THAT LIFE. AND REMEMBER THIS, ITS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT COLORS.. CRIPS ARE TO THE LEFT SIDE, BLOODS ARE TO THE RIGHT SIDE.. WORDS LIKE CUZ IS FOR CRIPS.. DOG OR B-DOG USUALLY FOR BLOODS.. BUT YOU HAVE MORE THEN JUST BLOODS AND CRIPS IN THE HOUSTON AREA.. THEY ARE INDEPDENT GANGS, THAT GET STARTED BY YOUNG PPL WHO DONT EVEN KNOW THE HISTORY OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING.. SO BE CAREFUL! IF U NOTICE THE LETTER "C" X'ed OUT OR CROSSED OUT OR THE LETTER B X'ed OUT OR CROSSED OUT.. OR IF YOU NOTICE SOMETHING LIKE "HIRAM CLARKE ROAD" (WHICH IS THE CORRECT SPELLING), BEING SPELLED HIRAM KLARKE ROAD.. THAT MIGHT BE A SIGN! 5 POINT STAR AND 6 POINT STAR ASSOCIATE WITH GANG LIFE TOO... IF HE HAS A MYSPACE PAGE, THAT MIGHT TELL IT ALL TOO.. PPL, ESPECIALLY KIDS SHOW OUT ON MYSPACE LIKE THEY WOULDNT IN FRONT OF YOU.. ITS A TRIP!! I USED TO BE THAT KID WHO WAS WILD SO I UNDERSTAND WHERE THEY ARE COMING FROM.. BUT THAT LIFE WILL ONLY GET U IN JAIL, MURDERED OR STUCK.. GOOD LUCK!!

P.S.
EVEN THOUGH SPRING IS A NICE PLACE, I'VE BEEN HEARING ABOUT GANGS UP THERE... IT REALLY MESSED ME UP BECAUSE I ALWAYS SAW SPRING AS THE NICE SIDE OF TOWN!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 PM

160 posts, read 715,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Most "gangs" are just a bunch of wannabe kid cliques. It's probably nothing.
Just takes one wannabe knuckle head with a pistol... But if only we could be lucky enough for them to all take each other out.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:52 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,715,739 times
You have probably walked by gang members and do not even realize it. They blend in well with society.

Gangs do not just come in shades of blue and red. Gangs have multiple colors associate with specific groups but red and blue are a good start.

Old 06-27-2009, 09:23 AM

19 posts, read 71,316 times
I agree with black jack.. Alot of gang members blend in very well with society!! With some people, you would never know it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
View detailed profiles of: