U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 10:03 PM

2,228 posts, read 4,723,977 times

Advertisements

People from inside the loop have no intention of visiting SL town center and SL/Katy/woodlands residents dont venture inside the loop unless they need MD Anderson. So it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 10:08 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,631,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
People from inside the loop have no intention of visiting SL town center and SL/Katy/woodlands residents dont venture inside the loop unless they need MD Anderson. So it is what it is.
That's so wrong. Most people I know in Sugar Land go inside the loop all the time. My family does so almost every weekend.

Many people live outside the loop because of the affordability and the quality of the public schools. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate museums, theater, great restaurants, urban parks, etc.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:10 PM

11,383 posts, read 17,455,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
I don't understand why Google Maps has the Sugar Land city label based at Hwy 59 @ Williams Trace either. Seems it should be at city hall, which is near the intersection of Hwy 59 @ Hwy 6.

Anyway, here's the real Town Center (Town Square)

City Walk Dr, Sugar Land, TX - Google Maps
OK, thanks. I was in that parking lot thinking "this is IT?"

I was in Sugar Land on business but I got down a little early to explore...it's generally not conducive to the kind of tours I do in the city though. That older neighborhood along Main and Wood is an exception. I like it around there.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 PM

247 posts, read 477,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
That's so wrong. Most people I know in Sugar Land go inside the loop all the time. My family does so almost every weekend.

Many people live outside the loop because of the affordability and the quality of the public schools. That doesn't mean we don't appreciate museums, theater, great restaurants, urban parks, etc.
What she said.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:23 PM

734 posts, read 467,075 times
Now I wanted to ask you guys how often do you and your family visit towncenter? Is it a big part of your family's weekend or something that is nice once a month?

Last edited by EEstudent; 07-10-2009 at 11:35 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 11:26 PM

734 posts, read 467,075 times
Quote:
I could see why you would think that... but inner loopers underestimate the need for us suburbanite's to be in on the action even if we live out here.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:44 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,631,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEstudent View Post
Now I wanted to ask you guys how often do you and your family visit towncenter? Is it a big part of your family's weekend or something that is nice once a month?
I'd say two or three times per month...it is more fun for me to explore new areas of town than to go to the same place every single time.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 AM

247 posts, read 477,921 times
Quote:
At least once or twice a week.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:46 AM

9,606 posts, read 9,553,510 times
I like the Town Center. It's very nice. The only drawback is the weekends. Too many bored, high school kids.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:08 PM

5,841 posts, read 2,595,660 times
Quote:
I think the heavy inbound traffic on every major freeway implies that the inner loop is sorta a big deal for the Houston metro.

Quote:
I was just wondering what you guys think of TownCenter and how often you visit it?
And I am really wondering how many people outside of SugarLand come and visit it.

I have my strong opinion... but I might offend many people on here so lets see how long I can keep my thoughts to my self lol
As a 23 year old male, I love the Sugar Land Town Center. I live around 59S and BW8 so I am somewhat in the middle of Rice Village, Montrose, and other inner loop drinking spots and the Town Center.

I must say I fairly impressed with the Town Center and what it offers us young adults. There are some pretty good restaurants (from reasonable price to expensive) and some good drinking establishments. It's always crowded when the weekend rolls around and has a good mix of people. My opinion is based on the needs of a young adult and don't go to the Town Center for family attractions so maybe someone could comment on that aspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston