U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-15-2009, 05:07 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 4,394,483 times

Advertisements

[quote=desertsun41;9778986]People there should be no mention of a few bad apples. There are only a few bad apples in prison too. There should be no bad apples in any law enforcement position.

Should is a word that "should" have never been created! Shoulda Coulda Woulda! When ever you have human beings involved you will have corruption at any level. There should not be bad apple teachers, scientists, judges, lawyers, doctors, nurses, psychologists, professors, spiritual leaders, nursery child care workers, and on and on we can go. But there are bad apples in all of those titles. Just clue into the reality and look around since the beginning of time that as long as humans are involved there is always going to be bad apples somewhere mixed in there...not my creation just a sad fact of life. Point is you will find it in all professions that "should" know better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 07:23 PM

10,427 posts, read 29,628,291 times
[quote=dldupuy;9781910]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
People there should be no mention of a few bad apples. There are only a few bad apples in prison too. There should be no bad apples in any law enforcement position.

Should is a word that "should" have never been created! Shoulda Coulda Woulda! When ever you have human beings involved you will have corruption at any level. There should not be bad apple teachers, scientists, judges, lawyers, doctors, nurses, psychologists, professors, spiritual leaders, nursery child care workers, and on and on we can go. But there are bad apples in all of those titles. Just clue into the reality and look around since the beginning of time that as long as humans are involved there is always going to be bad apples somewhere mixed in there...not my creation just a sad fact of life. Point is you will find it in all professions that "should" know better.

You are completely right!!!

Only difference is teachers, lawyers, nurses, psycholigists, doctors and so on do not bully those they feel are inferior to them by roughing them up and extorting money from them while violating their civil rights as well as their human rights.

Rights. Anyone remember them? We used to have some in the USA.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:14 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 4,394,483 times
Default Yes they do!

[quote=desertsun41;9783975]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldupuy View Post

You are completely right!!!

Only difference is teachers, lawyers, nurses, psycholigists, doctors and so on do not bully those they feel are inferior to them by roughing them up and extorting money from them while violating their civil rights as well as their human rights.

Rights. Anyone remember them? We used to have some in the USA.
OMG yes they do! Do you live under bridge or something? Every single profession I mentioned has stories of people who were roughed up or bullied or extorted or had their civil and human rights violated by the very professions I mentioned. If you need examples Google them.

I’ll give you just a few to get you started. A nurse or doctor involved in black market tissues and organs who don’t care if the organs have life threatening diseases. Or the doctor or nurse who purposely commits murder. Ever heard of a lawyer extorting a government official or judge? A judge violating the civil rights of someone. A school teacher violating the civil rights of their students or bullying them and roughing them up? Every single thing you mentioned is happening in every one of the professions I mentioned. Get out and discover what is going on in the world including this country.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 760 times
Default Talk to a lawyer

The best option is always to know your rights. We live in a society that is ruled by law,,,, however that is only for the people who have access to lawyers! I have prepaid legal and I can call a lawyer with a question anytime, no fees! [url]https://www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/wheelercd[/url]

Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keks View Post
It's the HPD. Nothing surprises me anymore.
agreed!

I believe it, even if it's fake, its probably happened to someone before.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:58 AM

13 posts, read 7,601 times
[quote=dldupuy;9784799]
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
OMG yes they do! Do you live under bridge or something? Every single profession I mentioned has stories of people who were roughed up or bullied or extorted or had their civil and human rights violated by the very professions I mentioned. If you need examples Google them.

Iíll give you just a few to get you started. A nurse or doctor involved in black market tissues and organs who donít care if the organs have life threatening diseases. Or the doctor or nurse who purposely commits murder. Ever heard of a lawyer extorting a government official or judge? A judge violating the civil rights of someone. A school teacher violating the civil rights of their students or bullying them and roughing them up? Every single thing you mentioned is happening in every one of the professions I mentioned. Get out and discover what is going on in the world including this country.
Im a nurse and while there may be bad apples in all the professions at leat nursing is supervised waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than a police officer, almost to he point of being ridiculous. If I abuse a patients right such as cussing at them, telling them they cant have abc unless the take their meds, deny them the right to see a family member yadda yadda yadda i could be fired and possibly even have action taken against my ability to be a nurse.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:35 AM

739 posts, read 1,350,338 times
Once I was buying gas at Rankin rd on thursday night before work. I used to live off Kuykendahl and Cypresswood. I went in the civic and filled it up then came back in the prelude and gassed it up. A sheriff said "I know your routiene". The intake on the prelude rotted off and I couldnt get the origional so I had to buy a cold air intake. Same thing one of the camshaft gears had a crack and the only one I could get was a Skunk 2 adjustable one because they don't make the origional any more.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:39 PM

1,126 posts, read 1,801,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad.roper View Post
Once I was buying gas at Rankin rd on thursday night before work. I used to live off Kuykendahl and Cypresswood. I went in the civic and filled it up then came back in the prelude and gassed it up. A sheriff said "I know your routiene". The intake on the prelude rotted off and I couldnt get the origional so I had to buy a cold air intake. Same thing one of the camshaft gears had a crack and the only one I could get was a Skunk 2 adjustable one because they don't make the origional any more.
......what you talkin' bout, Willis?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston