U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 07:26 AM

8,969 posts, read 15,510,464 times

Advertisements

Revisitng this thread.

After years of deciding, I'm thinking Pappa's Burgers is the best one in the city.Pricey, but it's not like a hamburger is a weekly meal for me, it's more of an indulgence. And if I'm going to indulge it's going to be goooood.

Edit from 2009: Burger Shack moved to the Katy Freeway around Wirt, by the Home Depot. But I haven't gone since it moved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 11:06 AM

1,994 posts, read 2,523,164 times
Tornado Burger in Stafford. Thanks to a poster in this forum for pointing this place to me :-)

Old 01-07-2012, 11:51 AM

38 posts, read 79,460 times
House of fries on Antoine just north of pinemont, in the NW side.... area is a little rough but hamburgers are good. Closed on Sundays.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,762,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

Edit from 2009: Burger Shack moved to the Katy Freeway around Wirt, by the Home Depot. But I haven't gone since it moved.
Wonder why it moved? I saw it over the holidays and thought it was a 2nd location. That is a weird location, not so visible nor accessible. They weren't so visible before but it was a good location with lots of families in that area and very accessible. The old 'shack' also had more character, compared to that new stripmall.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,762,251 times
Dude, you know your burgers! Why stop at a map, why not a documentary? lol. 2012 is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckhanddavy View Post
If I were to be locked up in a dungeon for the rest of my life with only one choice of food to eat, it would be a hamburger. I love hamburgers. It's my favorite thing to eat.

With that said, I've hit up plenty of burger joints. Among my favorites are:

-Pappa's BBQ: the cheese burger with bacon
-Becks Prime
-Smash Burger
-Texas Hamburger Palace
-Papa's Hamburgers (not from the Pappa's franchise...this one is tucked away near the Astrodome off of Holly Hall and is in a run down plaza...the most moist burger patties I've ever had.)
-Churrascos: the Truffle Burger
-Sushipop (off of I-10): the Kobe Burger (they are best on Fridays). Also, it's only 6 bux on Friday as well....Kobe beef! So good!

But, my all time favorite is CH Burgers off of York Town st in the Galleria area. I used to hit up this place while attending the Art Institute just down the road. Amazing selection of burgers, and they are AMAZING. Ridiculous selection of over the top burgers.

Now here's the kicker. From those burger joints, my top choices are as follows:

CH Burger
Papas Burgers
Hamburger Palace
SushiPop

And get this...they are all run by Asian owners. I don't know why, but they make the best burgers in town! And their patties are always consistently moist and juicy. Seriously, they know their burgers!!

There's a lot of places I haven't tried yet, and plan on making a burger map of highly recommended burger joints in the Houston area...seriously, I'm not kidding. It's something I've wanted to do for years...perhaps 2012 is my calling?

Love me some burgers!!

Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 PM

10,276 posts, read 10,618,148 times
Reading this thread has gotten me wanting burgers WITH fries.

Old 01-08-2012, 01:18 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,387,522 times
I just the burger from the Colombian food trailer out on Richmond. Incredible! The parking lot had over 50 there to eat. That is where to go for a truly unique burger.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 PM

26 posts, read 39,592 times
David, where on Richmond (Ave)?

Old 01-10-2012, 04:10 AM

168 posts, read 250,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dirty View Post
I have been in Houston a year now. I was expecting alot of great burger joints, but that has not been my experience. I went to Lankford Grocery my first day in Houston and was really disappointed. The best burgers I have tried here are at Lucky Burger and Bellaire Broiler Burger. I know I need to try Christian's but I haven't done it yet. Where are are Houston's best burgers?

Here is the low down on Burgers in Houston.

Bubba's Burgers on Westpark have great burgers. Make sure you order them with Extra Seasoning. They use 107 different spice - NO SALT! and they taste great! For the full effect of Bubba's awesomeness order the Mushroom Jack Buffalo Burger on a White Bun. Super awesome! They do not serve fries though, just chips.

Five Guys has good burgers also but they are small and get old after a while. The fries here are phenomenal!

The best burger to me in Houston is Beck's Prime. They have such flavorful beef! It is unreal. They also have several different burgers to choose from or you can make your own. Also, they have sweet potato fries!

DO NOT go to Langford Grill. Some people rave about it but their burgers are super bland and over priced.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

10,276 posts, read 10,618,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
I just the burger from the Colombian food trailer out on Richmond. Incredible! The parking lot had over 50 there to eat. That is where to go for a truly unique burger.
A Colombian burger? How unique!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston