Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 AM

2,639 posts, read 8,287,717 times

Advertisements

Teal Run has 42 properties for sale ranging from 75,000 to 153,000. 10 are pending and over 3/4 are foreclosures or short sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 01:50 PM

69 posts, read 246,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
Teal Run has 42 properties for sale ranging from 75,000 to 153,000. 10 are pending and over 3/4 are foreclosures or short sales.
This has been discussed NUMEROUS times in this forum, so your point is?

Old 09-02-2009, 02:59 PM

2,639 posts, read 8,287,717 times
just stating the facts as of todays listings. It may help the OP to decide if he wants to live in the area. Frankly I was suprised to see that many pending. Some neighborhoods have over 50 listings with not one pending in these outlying areas.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:34 PM

8 posts, read 18,854 times
The Fresno area, Teal Run in particular, has way too many houses up on foreclosure. What makes matters worse is that the homes that are up for sale are being sold by lowered tiered realty companies who are not keeping up the property. Some residents I know are sick and tired of calling the Realtor out to take care of business on up keep.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westres1 View Post
just stating the facts as of todays listings. It may help the OP to decide if he wants to live in the area. Frankly I was suprised to see that many pending. Some neighborhoods have over 50 listings with not one pending in these outlying areas.
This will be my last post on this subject. As it's been stated over and over again, we do have forcloures that apparently has been consistent for the last 3-4 years. It's also no secret my family bought one of these homes. It's also not a secret that Teal run is divided into 5 sections, some prettier then the others but far from ghetto! All in all theres roughly 700 <=> homes in the neighborhood.

The area is STILL well kept, quiet and nice even with all the forclousres. There is a sense of community. Were close to but not in the mix of things. We have pools (with lifeguards) and one is even an olympic sized pool that's always rented for meets. We have a tennis court, playgrounds, club houses and the grounds are always landscaped.

Have some people on here tell it, were living in a big ol' ghetto, and I wonder why.

Teal Run NOT for everyone (THANK GOD); but for those looking to purchase a home (many first time buyers here), live in a good community, get a deal(not always a good thing for the ones living here for years), and still have/want pride in thier community and are looking to plant roots, are all welcome here.

Oh, and lets just put this out there since I think this is the biggest reason for undercurrent negativity the area receives from a lot on this board- The area is majority.ding, ding, ding, AFRICAN AMERICAN!!! Other races live here, but mostly working class good ol' black people.

Last edited by ymbd; 09-02-2009 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: types too fast

Old 10-06-2009, 03:50 PM

1,743 posts, read 3,820,444 times
Get ready for another wave of foreclosures in the near future. Many people are taking their free Obama money and down payment assistance programs and buying homes again.....that they can't afford. Are we going to blame the lenders again? Maybe this time people will take responsibility for their own actions, and not blame others....yeah right.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:08 PM

4 posts, read 27,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston321 View Post
Get ready for another wave of foreclosures in the near future. Many people are taking their free Obama money and down payment assistance programs and buying homes again.....that they can't afford. Are we going to blame the lenders again? Maybe this time people will take responsibility for their own actions, and not blame others....yeah right.
That's going to happen everywhere...

Be sure to post this in all the other city's threads. It's very important information!

Old 10-11-2009, 03:15 PM

55 posts, read 139,204 times
Thank you 'ymbd'.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:10 PM

Someone has to dispell all the incorrect information on this board. I swear,I've been a member for two years and if you keep reading the threads enough, you'll see what I see.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,951 times
I just bought my first home in Winfield lakes back in March of 2009 which was a forclosure. I am happy so far. The neighborhood seems to be nice so far. People take pride in their homes and yards. This seems like a good family neighborhood. It would be nice to see more diversity here. Overall a quiet place to live and VERY close to the Fort Bend Toll Road which is great if you work far. For the price point, this is a great place to buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston