Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:25 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
2,072 posts, read 5,037,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
When you say nice neighborhood, do you simply mean low crime, or are there other aesthetic or demographic requirements?
ummm preferably one where i can feel comfortable parking a car outside
but I dont think you can get anything affordable in an area like that
im expecting to pay about $1400
since everything in my city is dirt cheap, a nice 1 bedroom apartment would be about 400-550 in a nice neighborhood, every other city is expensive in comparison
even minneapolis and st paul are much more expensive then my current city

Last edited by Radical_Car; 07-21-2009 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: add something
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 05:28 AM

Location: Moved to Gladstone, MO in June 2022 and back to Minnesota in September 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
My brother and sister-in-law pay $935 for about 1100 square feet at Milan on Bellfort near Synott. They both have good incomes and saving up for a house in Meyerland. It's on the border of Sugar Land and Houston. It's new, has a great clubhouse etc. etc. Feeds into FBISD schools (good ones). It is possible to pay less than a dollar per square foot in a good neighborhood. I think the OP should know that our definitions of "nice neighborhood" vary greatly in this forum.
im from a college town only about 60k
and i have been to chicago twice
I know what houstons crime rate is and what goes on
even here, there was a shooting near the tech college and someone died,
people broke into my old apartment in the door right next to my apartment, and busted it and the windows, and vandalized the rest of it, and we have had cars that have been smashed in the parking lot, and they would always swim in the pool and go in the party room and trash it, and they were always calling the cops, and i knew someone who walked across the street to behind kmart at about 8pm, and he got mugged and his wallet stolen and he had to go to the emergency room, thank god he was ok...
thats pretty bad for a city with only about 60k people
i know crimes in big cities are WAY worse then that
and I know in like Los angeles a nice 1 bedroom in a nice neighborhood would be 2000+

Old 07-21-2009, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
One bedroom in a nice area will be much more than 770. Anything you might find near 800 will not be a new complex, and will be on the third floor.
nothing wrong with the 3rd floor
and you dont need a brand new complex...
you make it seem like thats a bad thing that new complexes will cost more

Old 07-21-2009, 06:38 AM

1,075 posts, read 2,903,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Car View Post
im from a college town only about 60k
and i have been to chicago twice
I know what houstons crime rate is and what goes on
even here, there was a shooting near the tech college and someone died,
people broke into my old apartment in the door right next to my apartment, and busted it and the windows, and vandalized the rest of it, and we have had cars that have been smashed in the parking lot, and they would always swim in the pool and go in the party room and trash it, and they were always calling the cops, and i knew someone who walked across the street to behind kmart at about 8pm, and he got mugged and his wallet stolen and he had to go to the emergency room, thank god he was ok...
thats pretty bad for a city with only about 60k people
i know crimes in big cities are WAY worse then that
and I know in like Los angeles a nice 1 bedroom in a nice neighborhood would be 2000+
That would not qualify as "nice" here.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:23 AM

4,900 posts, read 13,665,848 times
Sounds like you live in s small town or rural area. If you drive 2 hours north of Houston to some of the small East Texas towns you can easily get a cheap apartment. In Woodville, population 2270 you can get a 3 bedroom apartment in a nice complex with water and trash included for $575 a month. In more lively Livingston, population 6k, an hour and a half north you can get the same for about $650 a month.

Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 AM

im in st. cloud, mn
the 3rd largest metro area in the state of minnesota
st cloud according to the sign has like 63000 so it isnt small
no where near as big as houston though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Houston